G10 Question

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by papegojan, May 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, I'm getting another year older, and my watch has finally given up the ghost. Mrs Papegojan has been looking around and wants to get me a new watch. I'm only in the ACF but my day job means I should wear a watch that is reliable hardwearing and good value. Therefore, I was wondering what the general opinion of the G10 watch is. Is it a decent piece of kit, and is it worth the £50 or so that it seems to sell for on ebay?

2. My personal favourite is a G-shock. Like many others I opted for the one with both Digital and Analogue read-outs. Done me well for the last 4 years. But thats just my opinion.

Good hunting.

CG

3. eventually went for a solar powered G Shock - ticks all my boxes, tough, stopwatch & alarm on it, reet tough and no battery changes. Much better.

4. I agree with Mr C, battery changes are a bind as you usually have to return the watch to the dealer/manufacturer to ensure that water resistance is maintained

5. Got a G-shock 6 years a go in Osnabruck in the NAAFI excellent bit of kit, use it all the time on exercises/ops and changed the battery once. Well worth the money :D

6. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Get yourself one of these. All due respect to site sponsors but mine cost me £80 including postage.