G10 Question

Well, I'm getting another year older, and my watch has finally given up the ghost. Mrs Papegojan has been looking around and wants to get me a new watch. I'm only in the ACF but my day job means I should wear a watch that is reliable hardwearing and good value. Therefore, I was wondering what the general opinion of the G10 watch is. Is it a decent piece of kit, and is it worth the £50 or so that it seems to sell for on ebay?

My personal favourite is a G-shock. Like many others I opted for the one with both Digital and Analogue read-outs. Done me well for the last 4 years. But thats just my opinion.

Good hunting.

CG

eventually went for a solar powered G Shock - ticks all my boxes, tough, stopwatch & alarm on it, reet tough and no battery changes. Much better.

I agree with Mr C, battery changes are a bind as you usually have to return the watch to the dealer/manufacturer to ensure that water resistance is maintained

Cider_Glider said:
My personal favourite is a G-shock. Like many others I opted for the one with both Digital and Analogue read-outs. Done me well for the last 4 years. But thats just my opinion.

Good hunting.

CG
Got a G-shock 6 years a go in Osnabruck in the NAAFI excellent bit of kit, use it all the time on exercises/ops and changed the battery once. Well worth the money :D

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Get yourself one of these. All due respect to site sponsors but mine cost me £80 including postage.