G1? G2? GWhat?????????????????

Can't remember the textbook definitions, but roughly:

G1 personnel and manning
G2 security and intelligence
G3 trg and operations
G4 admin
G5 civil/military relations and media

J prefix is for joint service operations - normally div + level.

I have seen J6-J9 but have no idea what they were

G1 – Personnel matters.
G2 – Int and Security.
G3 – Operations and Training.
G4 – Equipment and Logistics support.
G5 – Civil and military Cooperation.

Joint Environment

G6/J6 – Comms and IT
G7/J7 – Doctrine
G8/J8 – Forward Operational plans.
G8/J9 – Budgets and finance

(taken directly from my mil knowledge exam q card!!)

Boney

G6 is IT..... computers and the like.

Once had a Dutch officer come into the headquarters looking for G6, only he asked for 'Gay Sex' :?

twicer said:
Once had a Dutch officer come into the headquarters looking for G6, only he asked for 'Gay Sex' :?
Ha ha..... a bit like a jock staffy we had on an exchange down with the yanks at Spengdahlen. He nearly gave one of the yank 'Gunny' like instructors a heart attack during a cigarette break when he asked "Where can I put my fag butt?" Poor bugger nearly broke his jaw on the floor :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doesn't this question prove what an error it was to go whoring after the Spam staff branch designations when we had our own very clear and very British system of G, A and Q branches?

Who wouldn't rejoice in the title 'Deputy Assistant Adjutant and Quarter-Master General'? The fact that other nations had no idea what we were talking about was an advantage, in my humble opinion.

Not 100% sure it has actually been brought online as of now, but 100% sure it is changing v soon. The old CIMIC is now one of the G7-G9. Will find out and get back to you soonest polar.

eye_spy said:
Not 100% sure it has actually been brought online as of now, but 100% sure it is changing v soon. The old CIMIC is now one of the G7-G9. Will find out and get back to you soonest polar.
Thanks... I'll check what the field training package says, suppose they can't mark me down if that states the old one.

eye_spy says it has changed as of 2005 but this is info I have found:

G1 - Personnel

G2 - Intelligence and Security

G3 - Operations, O&D and Training

G4 - Service Support and Quartering

G5 - Civil Affairs and Public relations

G6 - Communications and CIS

G7 - Future Development

G8 - Plans, Resources and Finance

G9 - Civilian Management and Budgets

E

error_unknown

Check out the new cracker from HQ ARRC: G35 - intermediate term planning and refinement 8O

J = Joint - a tri=service Staff appt
G = General - an Army staff appt
N = Naval - a Navy staff appt (no kidding)
A = Air -an RAF staff appt

You will also see CJ for Combined Joint, or lots of different peoples' purple organisations all ganging up together. This is not the same as CJMN - which is lots of other countries' purples organisations all joining up. Still with me...

I have amended Murielson's excellent post with the latest thinking from Puzzle Palace - and yes, it is to 'harmonise operational capability'. Or something.

Murielson said:
G1 - Personnel and Administration

G2 - Intelligence and Security

G3 - Operations and O&D

G4 - CSS

G5 - Planning

G6 - Communications and CIS

G7 - Training

G8 - Performance and Resources

G9 - Civilian Management and Budgets
This is why you now see weird nomenclature like SO3 J3/J7. Easy when you know the lingo, I guess! :D