Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by tucker9037, May 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys is there anyone here working for roya
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  2. About half of them.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Maybe your manager merely wants his staff to turn up for the work they get paid to do and is tired of the "when I was on STANTA" tales.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Family - Work - TA

You know the drill; if the TA is encroaching on your livelihood then sign off, if you'd rather do more soldiering then jack in your day-job and join the Regs.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Then put in a grievance form against your line manager if he's showing favouritism.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. It's not who you know, but who you blow.
  7. Very true mate
  8. get another job?
  9. Not that easy in this economic climate dude
  10. Then put up with the people who put food on your table and keep a roof over your head being more important than your hobby.
  11. Our kid is TA and worked Post Office, admin manager or somesuch. I think they either hated him or were very TA-friendly. He's done three tours, every camp, all the long weekends, regimental competitions, was hardly ever there.
  12. Send me his address by PM and I will drop him a line.............on second thoughts you ******* will probably lose it!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  13. You ND'd that one. That'll cost you.
  14. Why should your manager be pro forces? It's got **** all do with him what you do in your time!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. But he's not so you have four choices - (a) have it out with him, probably gain nothing and long term guarantee you end up with every shit job going, (b) go over his head, slightly possibility of getting more time off but still end up with every shit job going, (c) accept it or (d) leave.

If it makes you feel better, my Troop Sgt won't give me time off to build Airfix models or play on the PS3.
    • Like Like x 3