• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

g

Family - Work - TA

You know the drill; if the TA is encroaching on your livelihood then sign off, if you'd rather do more soldiering then jack in your day-job and join the Regs.

K

Kirkz

It is not a drama it is just a bit pump that others get the time off to go and referee football matches and myself trying to do my bit just gets fuc**d over.
Then put in a grievance form against your line manager if he's showing favouritism.

Our kid is TA and worked Post Office, admin manager or somesuch. I think they either hated him or were very TA-friendly. He's done three tours, every camp, all the long weekends, regimental competitions, was hardly ever there.

Hi guys is there anyone here working for royal mail and in the TA? If so does your manager act like a right cu*t when you try and book a sat off to attend training? Having a little trouble with my manager and just looking to
*shed* a little light on my entitlement as a reservist.

Cheers
You ND'd that one. That'll cost you.

I don't think royal mail is to blame I just think my manager could be a little more pro forces.
But he's not so you have four choices - (a) have it out with him, probably gain nothing and long term guarantee you end up with every shit job going, (b) go over his head, slightly possibility of getting more time off but still end up with every shit job going, (c) accept it or (d) leave.

If it makes you feel better, my Troop Sgt won't give me time off to build Airfix models or play on the PS3.

yes i know, but royal mail do like to come over as a forward thinking company.
may be worth your local unit getting in touch with them and rasing your concern?
it may or may not help but it's worth a try.

good luck.

But he's not so you have four choices - (a) have it out with him, probably gain nothing and long term guarantee you end up with every shit job going, (b) go over his head, slightly possibility of getting more time off but still end up with every shit job going, (c) accept it or (d) leave.

If it makes you feel better, my Troop Sgt won't give me time off to build Airfix models or play on the PS3.
Brilliant! I could take a cheap shot about having plenty of time on your hands when tranche 3 hits, but I can't be bothered.

Tucker, presumably Royal Mail have a reservist policy? Is it worth getting chapter and verse on exactly what it is and approaching your manager with it in the context of your grievance? Alternatively do you know anyone above him who maybe more sympathetic to your TA attendance requirements? If so have a quiet word.

The Courier is always banging on how Royal Mail supports the armed forces, Moya Greene had a comment in there a few months ago saying that Royal Mail will do anything they can to support a reservist. Might be worth emailing her via "Ask Moya" and asking if talk is cheap or is she going to back it up with action?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Very good question, does anyone "work" for Royal Mail, one delivery a day takes the piss especially with the new price rise too!

The Courier is always banging on how Royal Mail supports the armed forces, Moya Greene had a comment in there a few months ago saying that Royal Mail will do anything they can to support a reservist. Might be worth emailing her via "Ask Moya" and asking if talk is cheap or is she going to back it up with action?
That's a great idea. Will it be her or one of her cronies that will reply tho.