G.Galloway has been beaten

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Jun 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/06/12/ngalloway112.xml

I wonder, is there even one policeman in Glasgow Airport? Normally airports are though guarded objects because of possible terrorist attacks. Now the police has video and as the attackers were also passengers then their names can be easily established.

You may agree or disagree with particular politician but any British legislator should be defended. The attackers knew pretty well that they beat an MP.

I imagine what would be an outcry in Western mass-media if something similar would happen in Russia.

2. G.Galloway has been beaten? Not nearly often enough.

3. I find it most strange that Gorgeous George was not able to find one bobby to complain to at the time, airports are usully the one place where you can find one.

4. Is it possible that the attackers were policemen themselves (are agents of secret services)?

It would be interesting to read official comment made by the police. The incident happened near the luggage carousel - the place of special attention because of possible theft.

5. Police are looking for a vicar wearing boxing gloves apparently!

6. With the greatest of respect Sergey, and I believe things are different in Russia, it's not quite like that here in the UK.

7. Look, in mother russia maybe, but you really do not have the slightest idea how this country works.

8. Or is Gorgeous George just on another of his publicity seeking stunts. He more than many thrives on publicity and controversy and has just been slated by the charities commision for the way a charity he set up was run, being a victim for a bit would be good news for him.

9. It is interesting that not only was there not a police presence nearby (in a airport, aye right!!) but that the alleged assault does not appear on any of Glasgow Airport's many CCTV cameras

10. Oh, Mark I have an idea how it works. Met. police detained and frisked a Russian just near DS10. What is the problem you could ask. But the man was accompanied by FCO representative, was an official guest of British parliament, had high diplomatic status and immunity gauranteed by British government. The police during the detention and body search was well aware who was detained and frisked.

It appears not only foreigners, official guests of British parliament but even parliamentarians them selves can be freely abused. In any law-abiding country any phisical attack aganst MP is a very serious crime. In Russia (and in many other countries as well) the hooligans would be jailed immediately and other potential hooligans would think twice before attack against lawmaker.

The UK is free country of course but who does really enjoy freedoms? It appears that mainly hooligans. They were not detained as I understand.

11. Dear god no! There is no group of people more deserving of physical abuse than British legislators. The only question is whether to start with the 'Do you know who I am' brigade in the commons or the high dependency geriatric ward known as the House of Lords.

Having said that, I'd certainly have held George's jacket while he had the cr@p kicked out of him.

12. The footage exists as I understand.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23400096-details/Galloway%20'kicked%20and%20taunted%20in%20sectarian%20attack'/article.do

13. No Sergey they are much worse than that - they are Celtic Supporters. They, if suitably fuelled, could make the old 2CD look like pink fluffy rabbits :D

They may just have relatives in HM Forces and are s1ck of the sound of this tw@t.

Galloway himself insists it was a sectarian attack becuase he is a Rangers supporter and they were Celtic.

Edited once for rant removal and correction

14. If the hooligans are Celtic supporters then it is strange.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6740775.stm

Orange Order is (as I see it) a political movement mainly in NI and Scotland. So the attack could be politically motivated.

15. Couldn't have happended to a nicer bloke. Sadly he does not seem to have needed hospital treatment. If they could only have got the Birminham MP who was complaining about soldiers at Selly Oak then it would have been a tough day for parliamentarians.