G Coy Londons (RGJ) Web Site

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Rifle-Green-Sex-Machine, Feb 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone noticed how poor TA web sites are? In particular I mention G Coy (RGJ) Londons.

The opening page shows a poorly staged photo of three riflemen, taken over ten years ago and is of a very poor quality. The LAW 90 looks like it's being used in the LAA role!

The second page has another very poor quality photo of questionable age, but two others that are regular army and with vehicles that G Coy do not operate with. No-one in G Coy has ever deployed in Saxons while UN.

The history page has not one mention of the TA predecessors who had just a colourful and honorable history. The is taken straight from the regular recruiting brochures. A local recruit should feel that he/she is joining a local unit, and it is a disgrace to the memory of the units forebears to ignore them. If it wasn't for the original Regiment the TA Coy would probably not exist.

This web site smacks of ARAB interference with the units history and an inability to update what is already a pi55 poor web site.

Rant over!

2. Not all TA web sites are 'poor' and out-of-date :evil:

Have a look at ours! :lol:

www.army.mod.uk/kcr

3. msr

msr LE

RGSM,

I trust you have volunteered to attend the course and sort it out...

msr

4. MSR - believe me - I wish I could! I just wish it was on par with the Regs

5. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

Not to mention still has Ladds as OC etc. I think (can't be arrsed to go check) it is also about 3 PSIs out of date.

6. Indeed, ours is also woefully out of date. Have mentioned this to PSAO/OC/someone who gives a fcuk and yet nothing has been done. Looks like we will do what we always do when something non training needs sorting out: pass it on to the youngest subbie.

7. Bearing in mind he is aged 15 he should be able to cope with IT

8. Well, as our fine units will merge in a matter of weeks, we shall wait to see who has the sprog.

9. Pob02

We have a couple of junior Rfn who might as well be 11.

Scarily I now think of all subbies as about 12 years old.

10. Each unit has a budget for PR - why not use it on the web sites instead of jollies for PSAO's

11. msr

msr LE

There's no need to hit the PR budget - just find someone keen and enthusiastic, get them on the webmasters' course and then on the ACF PR Unit's PR w/es (which are absolutely excellent and would probably cost you a grand to attend in civvy st) then let them loose.

Hey Presto - one easy CR write-up

msr

12. FFS don't ask the regulars to do it - 10 months, two foremen and the best they can do is a re-direct to a obsolete and frankly f**king dull pile of shite http://www.33signalregiment.mod.uk

Pants

13. RGSM, i think the problem with "G's" website is the PSAO - winding down for retirement and dont give a Sh1t !!!!!!!!!

Is that a storm or just a Black Cloud ?

14. Pob02

Nah. Its not been changed for a few years now. Daft as there are a couple of IT geek types at West Ham who could easily set up a decent looking site.