G Brown – the Order of the White Feather

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Balleh, Oct 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At the time it was debatable as to who was the worst PM since the war - Wilson or Heath.

However, in the eyes of Tam Dalyell – a committed and well respected Labour MP – Blair has certainly been worse than either which is no mean feat.

Brown is intent on worsting Blair and in the light of his recent behaviour he seems to be succeeding.

Does he merit white feathers as a reward?
  2. Provided there are several thousand and they are attached to the wings we fit on the sod before we boot him off Beachy Head.......
  3. The one eye'd man from the planet crab is currently jutting his chin out and staring at us all with a vacant expression.

When cyclops makes his move expect the entire Forces community to be bought off with long overdue cash injection.

That we're currently seeing the odd £400 mil here, £500 mil there basically amounts to Mr Money bags handing around a few £50 pound notes. It's a sweetner.

I personally won't be voting for consistency in this countries government during War time unless they can dump a loot bag of an additional... oh, I don't know... £7.68 billion for 2008 alone. That should buy a few more tins of blue paint.

Just incase you're looking in Party spin moguls... my price is a guarnteed increase of £7.68 billion, in used notes, dominations lower than £50!!!
  4. Hmmm.... using the word 'Cyclops' in the post above reminded me of the first delivery of the first Challenger I to the boar @ 17th/21st Lancers in Osnabruk, turn up at port for pick up and the bloody thing didn't fit the transporter.

Don't ask me why this sprung to mind... I think it must spring from the latest photo op of one eye'd broon in Iraq.
  5. Well, just a couple of points. 1)2 years service as Trooper in the Royal Scots Greys during 1950-52. 2)He's ALWAYS opposed the British Government's involvement in war since 1965. So I have more respect for Tam Dalyell than Swiss Des!
  6. Tam seems to have got very bitter and twisted after serving with the Cavalry, some would say that's understandable :D

7. Kitmarlowe,

I can't argue with the fact he did his National Sevice - his politics were quite the opposite.

8. Some would indeed say so... and they'd be on the PMC's chit ;)
  9. Err.. National Service
  10. Check the wiki I posted.

11. Direct Linkys... save us some effort - go on? ;)
  12. Balleh wrote:
    Yes, and a bucket of tar to go with it.