FYB (Alfie) on LBC radio regarding army recruitment

I don’t disagree with what you say, but regards these new adverts we just don’t know how effective or ineffective they are. I’m sure they’ll have some stats on them eventually.

To us, yes, it’s how it’s received by others.
Honestly i was bit of a broken man as the people on before me were saying how mega they are, who had never served and never planned on serving... But thought it made the army look more inclusive.

The reason that recruitment is currently failing is simple, the blokes were always the best recruitment tool. most guys that served 5-10-15 years ago would have recommended serving. But since they have shat on the blokes with shit scoff, accommodation etc those same blokes now tell their mates how shit it is, do the min time and get out.

Leaving those who can't survive on civi street to become SNCO, who are solid and treat blokes badly to chase promotion, the cycle speeds up and repeats...

I'm not saying all SNCOs are bad of course. I'm just saying we have all seen guys made up simply because they needed to fill a spot, with more snr blokes snapped to the point of signing off.

It scares me when people talk about wars with Russia, not that fact that their parachute regiment is larger than out entire infantry. But the fact that the MOD has manage to drain itself of operational experience so quickly after 2 rather cheeky conflicts....

To us, yes, it’s how it’s received by others.
By new recruits as well, they think they were dog shit and played no part in them joining.

Honestly i was bit of a broken man as the people on before me were saying how mega they are, who had never served and never planned on serving... But thought it made the army look more inclusive.

The reason that recruitment is currently failing is simple, the blokes were always the best recruitment tool. most guys that served 5-10-15 years ago would have recommended serving. But since they have shat on the blokes with shit scoff, accommodation etc those same blokes now tell their mates how shit it is, do the min time and get out.

Leaving those who can't survive on civi street to become SNCO, who are solid and treat blokes badly to chase promotion, the cycle speeds up and repeats...

I'm not saying all SNCOs are bad of course. I'm just saying we have all seen guys made up simply because they needed to fill a spot, with more snr blokes snapped to the point of signing off.

It scares me when people talk about wars with Russia, not that fact that their parachute regiment is larger than out entire infantry. But the fact that the MOD has manage to drain itself of operational experience so quickly after 2 rather cheeky conflicts....
You would have thought that close to 80% of recent redundancies being voluntary might have been a warning, apparently not.

I don’t disagree with what you say, but regards these new adverts we just don’t know how effective or ineffective they are. I’m sure they’ll have some stats on them eventually.
and the stats will relate to "enquiries" not actual enlistments.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AlfieFYB Fill Your Boots 10
AlfieFYB Fill Your Boots 0
msr Gunners 241