Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fxxked up dreams

Last night I dreamt that I was driving down a road that got narrower and narrower until I was driving through branches and foliage, and then trying to reverse out I ended up going down a steep bank. I got stuck and asked someone for help, but they pushed me forward down the very steep hill.

Actually that does sound like my life.
Sounds like many businesses encountering more and more obstructions but trying to make progress then being pushed back down by autocrats who have job security or think they do.

Dreams. Climbing up a mountain or a structure then wondering how the heck did I manage to get up here? Then how the heck do I get back down? It looks impossibly steep.

Trying to pack in smoking so tried the patches. Going back on 20 a day put a stop to the broccoli chasing me down the motorway.

Another one was feeling a boot bounce off the back of my nut whilst I was pissing in a locker after a night full of Stella.

The latter was very realistic for a dream.....

Trying to pack in smoking so tried the patches. Going back on 20 a day put a stop to the broccoli chasing me down the motorway.

Another one was feeling a boot bounce off the back of my nut whilst I was pissing in a locker after a night full of Stella.

I don't mean to laugh but the broccoli image is brilliant. Obviously not so amusing for you. Hope it sorts itself out.

I have a recurring dream. I am eating the biggest marshmallow ever

I have got through 5 pillows this month

Last edited:
I don't mean to laugh but the broccoli image is brilliant. Obviously not so amusing for you. Hope it sorts itself out.
It has. 20 B&H cured it.

Seriously though, it was some weird shit. Not recommended. I asked the quack about it and he pretty much ordered me to bin the patches. Apparently they’ve been implicated in a couple of suicides and blokes going nut nut with chainsaws etc.

I seem to have two regular dreams. The detail differs but the main "storyline" is the same.

1) We're away from home either in the UK or sometimes abroad. The kids are with us and they're still young, (they're all now in their 30's). It's time to pack the bags to go to the airport or set off back home. I go to the room where all the stuff is, only to be confronted with massively more stuff than will fit in the suitcases. Then I wake up.

2) I'm out somewhere and have to get to somewhere else by car. The car is parked some distance away and I know the route to walk to get to it but as I go along it always seems much further, and/or the roads change and/or I can't find the car. Then I wake up.

Both are very vivid dreams, leaving me with a feeling of confusion for a minute or so on waking but then the detail rapidly fades.

Based on your lots experience, how tightly secured should I have the straight jacket?

It has. 20 B&H cured it.

Seriously though, it was some weird shit. Not recommended. I asked the quack about it and he pretty much ordered me to bin the patches. Apparently they’ve been implicated in a couple of suicides and blokes going nut nut with chainsaws etc.
A friends wife was behaving strangely. I mean more strangely than usual. He explained that as well as smoking and drinking wine she was on patches. That was mental.

Penfold

Clanker
Or sleep paralysis as it's sometimes known. I get this, A LOT, and it can be very frightening. I try to shout out, but can't. When this happens, one is stuck between certain stages of the sleeping process.

I've been through all sorts trying to stop or minimise it, but for me the solution is simple: don't sleep on my back.
On the occasions I end up on my back, I've trained my self to shake my head and wake myself up, and this nearly always works.

I'm prone to horrific nightmares maybe every 2 months, and the head-shaking wakes me up for that as well. Still unpleasant.
I haven't had the sleep paralysis one for a while, I agree it is very frightening.
Mine also includes imagining that there is someone walking around the room that I can hear, but the paralysis means that I cannot move my head to see them.
I must remember your cure.

Waking up into a dream then waking up into another dream and then falling asleep into a dream and waking up into a dream before waking up into a dream and then falling asleep in that dream can really f* with your night.

Don't follow the layers they just are.
Had something like that many, many moons after a Xmas p1ss up and I had to sleep on the couch in reception where I was working.

I was woken up by someone opening the back door, it was daylight by now, and it sounded like they were herding a big gaggle of noisy school kids into the office. I couldn't see them but could hear it all.
Then I woke up for real and it was still pitch black. Gave me the creeps that one.

Had a similar experience a year or two ago.
Sleeping downstairs at my Mam's house.
I was woken by the sound of her stair lift coming downstairs and I could here her shuffling along on her frame.
It was only just getting light and I stood up and shouted out to see if she was ok and wondering why she was up so early.
Didnt get a reply so went back to my pit.

Woke up for real shortly after and it was still pitch black. The previous getting up was a dream but absolutely vivid, I can still remember it clearly now.

I did have a weird dream two nights back, one of those dreams you get just before waking up.
I'm stood on a bus and someone slaps me on the back of the head. I turn to see a gang of black youths giving me daggers and saying "Get down the bus where you belong."
I turn to my mate but he's already moved and stood down the bus slowly shaking his head in disbelief. I join him where he's stood and a gaggle of female activist student types come up to us and say
"The reason you were moved is because we were offended because you volunteered."

They were polite so I asked them "I understand what you said but can't understand the reasoning behind it." thinking to myself this BLM shit is getting beyond weird.
And then I woke up and was in a shitty mood for about an hour after that. The annoyance in the dream carried through into the real world.

Kirkz

LE

I was smoking 20 a day right up until the middle of the first lockdown.
Bought myself an Aspire K1 Stealth vape because I was struggling to get cigs and I haven't touched a cig since the middle of June, no weird dreams and quite a substantial saving in cash terms.

Last edited:
Last week some dream there is a knocking type noise, next thing I am awake and not sure if I heard the noise, or dreamt the noise. Regardless, the result was me wandering around the house stark bollock nekkid with a Glock (yes, I said Glock, not c*ck) in the ready position at around 3.00am - not a pretty sight.

Something similar happened to me in my apartment near the Lebanon border in 1983. I wake up in the middle of the night from the noise of something tapping and moving in the kitchen. I slide silently out of bed taking my 7.65 Frommer with me. With my back against the wall, I edge towards the kitchen. I peep around the corner into the kitchen with one eye. It is lit by shafts of moonlight and no one seems to be in it. The noise, however, continues, emanating from the direction of the kitchen table.
My heart pounding in my ears, feeling tense as a mountain lion, I advance, with the Frommer pointing forward and my finger hovering near the trigger. The noise continues intermittently, so very very close.
The only thing on the table is my breadboard and bread knife. The bread board is a polymer tray affair with a polymer grill above (for collecting crumbs). I stand ready, peering intensely in the moonlight. The bread board grill is being periodically lifted and then falling back down, causing the bread knife on it to rattle each time it falls.
Two black eyes peer up at me from underneath the grill. They belong to a tiny field mouse that is trying to get out from under it.

Last edited:
Something similar happened to me in my apartment near the Lebanon border in 1983. I wake up in the middle of the night due to something tapping and moving in the kitchen. I slide silently out of bed taking my 7.65 Frommer with me. My back is against the wall as I silently edge towards the kitchen, a surrepticious tactical glance with one eye into the kitchen, which is lit by shafts of moonlight, reveals f*ck all. The noise, however, continues, emenating from the direction of the kitchen table. My heart pounding in my ears, feeling tense as a mountain lion, I advance, with the Frommer pointing forward and my finger hovering near the trigger. The noise continues intermittently from the kitchen table. The only thing on the table is my breadboard and bread knife. The bread board is a polymer tray affair with a polymer grill above (for collecting crumbs). I stand ready, peering intensely in the moonlight. The bread board grill is being periodically lifted and then falling back down, causing the bread knife on it to rattle each time it falls.
Two black eyes peer back at me from underneath the grill. They belong to a tiny field mouse that is trying to get out.

Mice? We don't have mice.................
snakes ate all the mice.

Bough myself an Aspire K1 Stealth vape because I was struggling to get cigs and I haven't touched a cig since the middle of June, no weird dreams and quite a substantial saving in cash terms.
Quitter I hate quitters

Bough myself an Aspire K1 Stealth vape because I was struggling to get cigs and I haven't touched a cig since the middle of June, no weird dreams and quite a substantial saving in cash terms.

There was a program on the telly about 25-30 years ago, it was looking at the tobacco industry. One of the blokes they spoke with was one of the early doors m@rlboro men, one of the rugged looking types who sat on a horse smoking a fag. As a smoker he eventually suffered from some smoking related illness, but he recounted the tale of a top level corporate meeting that he attended whilst still working for m@rlboro.

They are all in the meeting, doing what you do, then it is time for a break so they all head outside to grab a coffee and stretch their legs. He takes out his pack of ciggies and politely offers them to the group he is stood with and they all politely declined. One of the senior vice-presidents of the company apparently then said to him, "we don't smoke, we reserve the right to smoke for the poor, the stupid, the black, and the ignorant".

I looked at my packet of ciggies and thought I am none of those, dropped them in the bin and have not smoked since. And, I have never forgotten that: "we don't smoke, we reserve the right to smoke for the poor, the stupid, the black, and the ignorant"

There was a program on the telly about 25-30 years ago, it was looking at the tobacco industry. One of the blokes they spoke with was one of the early doors m@rlboro men, one of the rugged looking types who sat on a horse smoking a fag. As a smoker he eventually suffered from some smoking related illness, but he recounted the tale of a top level corporate meeting that he attended whilst still working for m@rlboro.

They are all in the meeting, doing what you do, then it is time for a break so they all head outside to grab a coffee and stretch their legs. He takes out his pack of ciggies and politely offers them to the group he is stood with and they all politely declined. One of the senior vice-presidents of the company apparently then said to him, "we don't smoke, we reserve the right to smoke for the poor, the stupid, the black, and the ignorant".

I looked at my packet of ciggies and thought I am none of those, dropped them in the bin and have not smoked since. And, I have never forgotten that: "we don't smoke, we reserve the right to smoke for the poor, the stupid, the black, and the ignorant"
There was a documentary about how psychology was used to get women hooked on smoking, way, way back, early last century in the USA. This Indian chap covers it in just over 5 minutes. Although the speech is mostly Indian the graphical presentation is in English and various names can be picked up.

When my first marriage was collapsing around my ears and I was probably the most stressed I have ever been, I had a series of very vivid dreams. In every one I ended up with a body I needed to get rid of. Each dream was different, different people, different circumstances, different body, but always ended with me and a body.
The dreams would kind of hang around me all day after I woke up.

The ex wife is still alive and kicking, for the record.

Waz

Old-Salt
I dream a lot. Apparently I often sit bolt upright and have conversations with imaginary people. I'm asleep with my eyes shut but having chats about such things as taking my blood pressure, parking the artic under a bridge and painting the phone boxes green.

I get the one mentioned earlier about reversing a car but the brakes not working properly quite a lot.

A few years back I had a dream where I was walking up the road my best mate used to live in when we were kids. As I approached my mate's house, a man was running out of the door and my friend's mum was standing on the doorstep shouting "Stop him!"

As the said man ran past me I clotheslined him across the throat in true WWF fashion and immediately woke up to find I had done the same to my mrs who had been lying her back fast asleep. Not hard, but hard enough to wake her for the ensuing row. I hadn't seen the friend for 20 years and his mum has been dead for 10.

I seem to have two regular dreams. The detail differs but the main "storyline" is the same.

1) We're away from home either in the UK or sometimes abroad. The kids are with us and they're still young, (they're all now in their 30's). It's time to pack the bags to go to the airport or set off back home. I go to the room where all the stuff is, only to be confronted with massively more stuff than will fit in the suitcases. Then I wake up.

2) I'm out somewhere and have to get to somewhere else by car. The car is parked some distance away and I know the route to walk to get to it but as I go along it always seems much further, and/or the roads change and/or I can't find the car. Then I wake up.

Both are very vivid dreams, leaving me with a feeling of confusion for a minute or so on waking but then the detail rapidly fades.

Based on your lots experience, how tightly secured should I have the straight jacket?

Number 2. Just like that, trying to find the car, or trying to find my way to the airport/work, or find my way back to my room in a hotel/mess/new mysteriously huge house I have just bought. The way I went before isn't there anymore. There always a time constraint as well and I'm always late. Its not scary, just stressful.

Have worked out after many years how to recognise that this is a dream and wake myself up.

BLU-97

Old-Salt
Just recently I haven't been sleeping well and all my dreams have been really 'involved', that is whenever I wake up my mood is very much that of the dream. All the dreams are very loosely based on incidents in my life (which then get weird!) but the emotions on waking are pretty strong and it takes a while to level out. Not started any new meds or anything specific that I can blame, but it is getting pretty tiring. Hopefully level out with a bit of downtime over the break!

Latest Threads