FV430 Series: Rare Photographs from Wartime Archives

FV430 Series: Rare Photographs from Wartime Archives

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
sirbhp submitted a new resource:

FV430 Series: Rare Photographs from Wartime Archives - (Images of War)

During the Second World War the British infantry found itself lacking suitable transport to cope with the fast moving German Blitzkrieg tactics. Various stop-gap measures were introduced with mixed success but, with the pots-war nuclear biological and chemical threat, it was imperative that a robust solution was found. The FV300 and FV400 Cambridge carriers paved the way for the introduction of the AFV430 series in the 1960s at the height of the Cold War. Initially a basic armoured personnel...
Read more about this resource...

UORMan

War Hero
Does it have a picture of the original concept for Cymbeline???
I remember seeing a trials User Handbook in the Chertsey library back in 1999, and original variant was more like the FV434 Variant with the radar sat in the "well" rather than on top as it ended up !

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Does it have a picture of the original concept for Cymbeline???
I remember seeing a trials User Handbook in the Chertsey library back in 1999, and original variant was more like the FV434 Variant with the radar sat in the "well" rather than on top as it ended up !
i think it mioght , give me a couple of days and i will look for it for you .

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
i think it mioght , give me a couple of days and i will look for it for you .
Sorry only views of the high up Cymbeline as used in Bosnia etc. did this bit of kit work do you know or did stray sparrows set it orf?

UORMan

War Hero
Sorry only views of the high up Cymbeline as used in Bosnia etc. did this bit of kit work do you know or did stray sparrows set it orf?
Not sure, as I said this was back in about 1999, and the Operator Handbook was from the trials back in the 60's so no idea of the outcome. Thanks for looking anyway.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
smeg-head The Book Club 0
R REME 15
commander Infantry 6

Latest Threads