FV426 ORANGE WILLIAM

Would anyone have photos or drawings of the FV426, Carrier, Tracked, Launcher designed to launch the Orange William missile system but I don't think it ever reached production stage. I'd be very grateful for any help as I have an illustration project to do regarding this vehicle and so far I've found nothing on the WWW.
Many thanks.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Would anyone have photos or drawings of the FV426, Carrier, Tracked, Launcher designed to launch the Orange William missile system but I don't think it ever reached production stage. I'd be very grateful for any help as I have an illustration project to do regarding this vehicle and so far I've found nothing on the WWW.

Many thanks.
I seem to recall that on the HMVF forum, HMVF - Historic Military Vehicles Forum, is a user who is au fait with these systems. I thought his ID was green something or maybe even orange William, but my google fu has let me down.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hi
Yes, I've put the feelers out there. Would the guy you refer to be a Clive Elliott?
Rgds
Derek
If memory serves, when I was active there (I'm now retired and don't have enough working hours to follow both HMVF and Arrse) Clive ran the site. Or was that Roger? Certainly the name Clive rings a bell.

Apparently so does a guy called Quasimodo! ( no groan intended, Andy ). Seriously though, would you have any more information about "Roger"?
Rgds
Derek

Is it possible that the Fairey archive is still kept? Either by Babcock or some third party such as the IWM? Presumably if you get launcher images you could mate them to available FV42* pictures, perhaps using Swingfire-armed vehicles as a guide?

I may have found the pictures you were looking for of the FV426 on this site:

Blue water on FV.426

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Apparently so does a guy called Quasimodo! ( no groan intended, Andy ). Seriously though, would you have any more information about "Roger"?
Rgds
Derek
No. I once nearly met the site owner. I helped fund the new Tank Museum when DRAC was a Light Dragoon. It got me an invite to the Bovy Officers' Mess on Tankfest Day and the site owner wanted an invite. Didn't happen.

The Fairey Archive is probably held by WFEL, who are still on the same site in Stockport making the Dry Support Bridge. The number to call for reception is 0161-975-5717

Are you sure it was a 436.
IIRC :
FV432 : APC, configured in various roles including Ambulance, Comd Post, and many more
FV433: 105 mm Abbott
FV434: REME Maint with Jib
FV436: Royal Signals Variant (Can't remember it exact title)
FV438: SwingFire Anti Tank

Latest Threads