Fuzz on the march

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Pyianno, May 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. More than 20,000 off-duty police officers take to the streets - Telegraph

Thoughts? Currently I think I'm right in saying it's not legally possible to make a police officer of less than 30 years service redundant so, unless they cock up, there's no way of getting rid of them?

I find it pretty remarkable - the services are grinding the axe ever lower but the bobbies seem to want special treatment.
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I find it difficult to raise any sympathy myself but I might be happier if MPs were taking pay and allowance cuts and working longer hours, not getting subsidised meals, reducing their non contrib pension payouts, need I go on?
    At least they have jobs!
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Who would be up for a bit of "kettling" lads.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. There's no doubt they do a tough job etc etc but so do a lot of others on far worse pay and conditions. They get a far better deal than most and we're all in the same boat especially those of us who work for the big firm, I know my pension contributions went up £44 last month, not helped by a three year pay freeze.

It's a big shit sandwich and we've all got to take a bite including plod.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Don't you know 'were all in this together'

Second Ugly's statement, MP's lead by example & never mind just a freeze on pay.
  6. One of the plod talking heads mentioned this yesterday.Seems there is talk of introducing 'fitness tests,and if you fail your out of the job' The guy was saying that he had both legs broken when on duty after he was hit by a car.He has struggled for two years to get to fitness,but he would be sacked if the new fitness regime was introduced.
  7. I would say that is a hysterical reaction. Does he really think that they would not take that into account?

As has been said, they have a tough job, but there are a lot of people doing tougher jobs with a lot less pay. They took the job on knowing what it was about, if they don't like it, they can always leave. There are a lot of people out there who would gladly take their place.
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

exactly and besides its only since Afghanistan that we have had a policy of offering posts to troops badly wounded on ops, in the previous conflicts you would be out on your ear asap and queueing up for your pension!
  9. Police do not deserve any special treatment but they do have the right to demonstrate at their T&C of service being messed around with. I know that if the Armed Forces had the same right there would be at least as many of us marching through London to let the country know what we thought of our new pension scheme.
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

We do get the right to march through London, well at least some of us did!
  11. Yeah, but only if you are a boy who fancies other boys
  12. Probably similar to a Brigadier or similar retiring after 30 years. Paddick was a Deputy Assistant Commissioner, not exactly a fair comparison when the thread concerns members of the police federation (which represents PC's - Ch Inspector) who were marching.Next time there's a thread on army pensions, I'll point out that a recently retired Major-General does alright, what are you lot complaining about?
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Please stop trying to bring common sense and correct facts to Arrse or I will petition that you be banned from these pages
    • Like Like x 2