Future of the Infantry

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by duggan123, Aug 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    I was just wondering if anyone has any info on whats going to happen to the infantry in the next decade?

2. Lots of walking carrying bags and shit.

3. Lots of hurrying up then waiting!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Also digging holes, sleeping in them, then filling them in again. Quite a bit of standing about in the rain too.

5. 1st battalion The British Infantry Regiment, get your bid in now spots are tight.

6. Has anyone mentioned that there will probably be some getting on the bus followed by some getting off the bus.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Don't worry about hunting for a toilet as you'll be shitting in your own messtin for the next few years.

8. Do you like being mis informed, ill informed, uninformed and uniformed.
    Do you like taking shit, talking shit, listening to shit and coping with shit.
    The Infantry is for you.

• Like Like x 3
  9. The bus load of Nurses are on their way

• Like Like x 3
  10. X59

X59 LE

Funniest series of replies I've read in a while.

Well done all.

• Like Like x 1
  11. raf regt to take over post 2015

12. Better get the arm in training.... Up barrier..... Down barrier... Ginsters up....

13. Seriously?

The infantry will continue as always. The cavalry, on the other hand, will be rebadged to RLC forming a new trade of "Driver, AFV", and will be posted to infantry battalions' MT platoons as apc drivers/maintainance.

This will have the happy outcome of keeping cavalrymen in a job while simultaneously releasing those infanteers currently driving/oiling to do a proper job.

Tanks will be reallocated to Support Coys, Armd Recce to Recce Plns, and Robert is your mother's brother. MoD will be able to announce the demise of 5 or 6 entire regiments without loss of ability, so the treasury will be overjoyed too.

Remember, you read it here first....

• Like Like x 1
  14. O1W,

I am inclined to agree with you. How else are the RAC going to continue to justify crew pay when only a tiny proportion of them have crewed their primary vehicles on operations in the past 5 years?

Oh, and back OT: You can do nothing without land forces, without the infantry land forces can do nothing.

15. It will need a new motto,I suggest the phrase I heard the most while in:

Haec est mauris

*Done with google translate and it doesn't even read back correctly...gay.