Future of 4 RIFLES, plus manning of the Ranger Brigades:

LD17

MIA
So the grand announcement is going to be in November? How ironic would it be if it’s around the 5th…..or will they shamelessly & cynically time it for around Remembrance Day?

FEASG

LE
And where do you suppose they go look for all that talent? The salvation Army?

Rumour has it that there's an 8 month long cadre.
The more I'm hearing about it from people that have put down to do the selection, The more I like the whole concept, even if it is just give a bit of variance to OR's careers, rather than do four and out.

Andre

Old-Salt
They're going to be called the The Jealous Scouts, they get a new ally cap badge but they still wish they were Paras .
Army Commando units still exist (though admittedly not like the original ones), and Royal Marines don't have the space or desire to get that many extra through the commando course.

Would also cause a bit of a sad on from the Bootnecks, considering their plan to move back into a more commando style way of operating.
I am sure if the Army wanted to re establish an original Army formation (Commando) that the Royal Navy's Infantry were give in the Second World War they could do so, and provide their own Commando test. Not that Army head shed will as they are having too much fun inventing RANGER and SFAB's following their idol the US Army.

riksavage

War Hero
logically, and this is the point where I duck for cover, someone in MOD could make a relatively persuasive case for cutting one of or merging the Grenadiers and the Coldstreams.... 'everyone else has got one guards regiment, why has England got two?'
Population size? UK has a population bigger than Wales, Scotland and NI put together. So you could realistically ask why hasn’t England got three battalions - Grenadiers, Coldstreams and Fijians.

OK school time,

4 component nations of the United Kingdom are Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England.

3 nations make up Great Britain; Scotland, England and Wales,

It is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther Ireland

The UK can not have a population bigger than three of its components.

Cyberhacker

War Hero
OK school time,

4 component nations of the United Kingdom are Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England.
If you want to be pedantic:
2 kingdoms make up Great Britain; England (including Wales) and Scotland
2 kingdoms make up the United Kingdom: Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Wales is included as it is constitutionally just a Principality of England.

If you want to be pedantic:
2 kingdoms make up Great Britain; England (including Wales) and Scotland
2 kingdoms make up the United Kingdom: Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Wales is included as it is constitutionally just a Principality of England.
And Northern Ireland merely a Province without a flag

Without a flag? An Orangeman (not him) might disagree.
Said quite deliberately and no, this object is simply a tea towel commonly hung from lampposts and used to adorn various items of tourist tat and has no official status other than it is the Ulster Banner. The official flag of Northern Ireland is the Union Flag.

flagge-nordirland.gif

OK school time,

It is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther Ireland

The UK can not have a population bigger than three of its components.

To be more accurate

The UK can ONLY have a population greater than or equal to the sum of any of the components

It cannot be smaller than its components

Said quite deliberately and no, this object is simply a tea towel commonly hung from lampposts and used to adorn various items of tourist tat and has no official status other than it is the Ulster Banner. The official flag of Northern Ireland is the Union Flag.

flagge-nordirland.gif

With St.Patrick’s Saltire representing NI…. which isn’t the above

BrookBond

Clanker
I am sure if the Army wanted to re establish an original Army formation (Commando) that the Royal Navy's Infantry were give in the Second World War they could do so, and provide their own Commando test. Not that Army head shed will as they are having too much fun inventing RANGER and SFAB's following their idol the US Army.
Yeah but the Rangers will be basiically that...forget the Name. Same shit I'm sure.
People only have para , commando in their heads. Probably a Mix of both with some more special training in the Mix.

Latest Threads