Future Marine One (VH-92A) lands at the White House for first time

The future Marine One , (L-M) owned Sikorsky VH-92A (albeit in the traditional green and white top) landed on the White House South Lawn for the first time. The VH-92A is the replacement for both the legacy Sikorsky VH-3D Sea King and VH-60N WhiteHawk belonging to the 'white side' of HMX-1 (Marine Experimental Helicopter Squadron One). Of note HMX-1 was the very first Marine helicopter unit at the end of the 1940s, and paved the way for then introduction of the helicopter. The 'Green side' does the test and evaluation of equipment and also supports the 'white side' in the case of providing over the years C/VH-46E Sea Knights and VH-53A/D/E Sea/Super Stallion (ferrying Secret Service and Press Corps) and now the MV-22 Osprey .

Cheers

https://master.elementdev.io

The future Marine One , (L-M) owned Sikorsky VH-92A (albeit in the traditional green and white top) landed on the White House South Lawn for the first time. The VH-92A is the replacement for both the legacy Sikorsky VH-3D Sea King and VH-60N WhiteHawk belonging to the 'white side' of HMX-1 (Marine Experimental Helicopter Squadron One). Of note HMX-1 was the very first Marine helicopter unit at the end of the 1940s, and paved the way for then introduction of the helicopter. The 'Green side' does the test and evaluation of equipment and also supports the 'white side' in the case of providing over the years C/VH-46E Sea Knights and VH-53A/D/E Sea/Super Stallion (ferrying Secret Service and Press Corps) and now the MV-22 Osprey .

Cheers

https://master.elementdev.io

The Merlin deal fell through then? I heard that Obama was not keen on buying from the great grandchildren of a long-gone colonial power (not that he holds a grudge, of course), or is this Trump just buying American? The latter being a much more laudable reason for objection, of course.

Merlin deal fell through a decade ago , not so long after the selection in the beginning of 2005....

Laughingly or not it was not just politics but escalating costs of the program...killed it off.

cheers

Merlin deal fell through a decade ago , not so long after the selection in the beginning of 2005....

Laughingly or not it was not just politics but escalating costs of the program...killed it off.

cheers
Many thanks.
I first saw one on HMS Westminster when she visited London. Brand new, but with a proud-parent type pilot saying not to lean on the airframe as it was plastic and may break, which didn't instil a great deal of awe, I have to say.

cheers
Many thanks.
I first saw one on HMS Westminster when she visited London. Brand new, but with a proud-parent type pilot saying not to lean on the airframe as it was plastic and may break, which didn't instil a great deal of awe, I have to say.

cheers
Many thanks.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I first saw one when it landed on the secondary LZ at UKLF Wilton - and nearly blew Hill block away. VIP visit.

I was also mildly surprised to see one in Iraq shortly afterwards....hadn't been in service long then.

1542704693918.png

I figured the Yanks wouldn't have a non-US ac choppering their leader around the Union very long.

I was on HMS Cornwall doing her sea trials and she was fitted for EHi 01 which became EH101. They needed to let the tyres down to get it into the hanger as the rotor head design had changed and the aircraft was a smidge too tall :)