Future Lynx

I've somewhat lost touch with where we are with respect to FLynx (ok I know, wrong helicopter, too late etc)... but can anyone update me on the latest?

Cheers

Crusty..

Crusty(LE) said:
I've somewhat lost touch with where we are with respect to FLynx (ok I know, wrong helicopter, too late etc)... but can anyone update me on the latest?

Cheers

Crusty..
No, cannot update you as there is still nothing to update. It was part of PR08 which is now complete and yet nobody wants to explain what has happened to the project. Not even the Lynx IPT know.

We were told a few weeks back that nothing for the next four years and we will have to grizz it with what we have........ :(

Thats great considering lynx EOS is 2012 :x

wastelands haven't even cut any bacofoil to start building them yet so i think 2012 is a bit optimistic

think you might find that them bits is for a certain north a****** superlynx order but i may be mistaken

Whoopeee!!!!!! back to wastelands soon then for another round of nightshift pay, getting sick of being surrounded by matelots :lol:

rockhoppercrab said:
Whoopeee!!!!!! back to wastelands soon then for another round of nightshift pay, getting sick of being surrounded by matelots :lol:
Ok, but if you think that you will be working on an airframe that marks a sea-shift in helicopter design, you might be a touch dissappointed, perhaps....dunno...

rockhoppercrab said:
We are talking wastelands here, believe me i know how crap their designers are :wink:

I'd be hard pushed to describe them as designers to be honest. That would suggest they sometimes come up with something new and useful.

They certainly have new ideas about wiring and riveting, especially when it comes to access for rivet guns and reaction blocks. Its quite hard to get the feckers away from their cosy office to actually look at an airframe.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
rockhoppercrab said:
We are talking wastelands here, believe me i know how crap their designers are :wink:

I'd be hard pushed to describe them as designers to be honest. That would suggest they sometimes come up with something new and useful.
Last time I picked a cab up from Westlands that had undergone servicing, they had refitted the 'bonk' incorrectly and we flew all the way across to Germany with it poorly attached, but i thought, thats ok, they only 'designed' it, they must now what they are doing.....hmmmm

Superfrog, similar to the time we dropped a cab off there (Mk9) and they firstly didn't know how to take the brakes off and secondly broke the nose leg shear pin because they hadn't got a clue how to ground handle it. 8O

Its not just a westlands thing, there was a certain Tornado GR1 that needed excessive trim to stay flying in a straight line, then they noticed an F2/3 taileron had been fitted by mistake 8O

The Drawing in Ralfs post seems to show a new tail boom.
The 'Original' Boom was a French design and too weak, it followed the design of the Gazelle boom. This allowed T/R vibs to move from the TRGB down to the angle G/B then forward.
In early 90 , 666, at BK developed a 6-8 inch vertical crack in the Centre section, about 4 inches forward of the transportation joint to the tailboom.
AETW had two very early Lynx in their hanger in early-mid 80s. These had the first design of tail boom by Westlands. It was 'Almost' an enlarged Scout Tail boom complete with external stringers.
john

Jon

The new shape tail boom is supposedly to reduce its Radar Signature which is odd because the have done nothing to address the cabin shape.

Just read this;

"Last December Sikorsky signed a five year $7.4 billion contract for 537 upgraded UH-60 Blackhawk and MH-60 Seahawk helicopters for the US Army/Navy. With support and spares packages, this is approx $21m per helicopter- a little over £10 million at the current exchange rate.

US forces will receive nearly eight times as many airframes for not much more money than the UK is proposing to spend on 70 Future Lynx helicopters destined for service with the British Army and Royal Navy!"

:scratch: :thumbdown:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Aviation 30
Ralf Aviation 2
Ralf Aviation 9