Future Intake (Next Vacancy)

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by RealBomb, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello guys, a lot of jobs on my jobs list has 0 vacancy this period and the next period. Would it make any sense in choosing those jobs as first preference? If so would I have to wait for the intake after the next one? On the other hand, certain jobs; such as the SCOTS Infantryman (my second preference) has 19 vacancy this period and 70 vacancy next period. The next intake for it begins on 16/09/2012, which is next month. I doubt I would finish my ADSC by then. So, would I have to wait for the intake which comes after the next intake? If so, when would that be?

It would be great if someone could explain to me how this works out.

2. Do yourself a favour. Stop asking shit questions on ARRSE.

Speak to your local careers office. They have the details, the latest figures etc, and would be in a far better position to give you a realistic answer.

3. I cant just phone them every now and then when I feel the need to ask certain things. They have asked me to do research online on whatever I wish to know about, and yet if I need help I'll ring em. I thought this site was meant for this purpose? How do you define a question as shit? Please be more genuine.

Thanks

4. They've asked you to do research online about the potential jobs you've chosen. Not specific questions with regards to time/options etc. Give them a call, it's what they're there for.

This site isn't for this purpose. This site has **** all to do with the Army directly. This is ARRSE. It's a message board for squaddies/ex-squaddies/slags to chew the fat, and have a laugh. Not constantly answer shit questions from idiots.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Is that why you're showing up only on my questions with your grumpy replies? 90% of this website I see are full of questions, and there are people here who answer to those questions without complaining. If you find my question stupid, you may not answer.

6. You're not ******* listening are you?! You dull prick.

I'll type slowly so you can understand.

You're question has too many variables, and no-one on here is in the position to give you an accurate answer. Speak to your careers office!!!

7. When I join up can I take my goats with me?

8. Well, there are a lot of variables with this one. It depends on the breed, and which unit you're going to.

No Goats with the Welsh regts, only Sheep.

The Tankies are happy with Angora, but not Altai Mountain.

If you let me know which breed(s) you have, I'll check.

• Like Like x 1
  9. You have a lot of time in your hand to waste, dont you? I just stopped responding because I have better things to do. I'll be glad if anyone else would bear answering my daft question.

I'm not looking for an accurate answer rather an educated guess would be more than enough.

Bye.

10. I'm on R&R. **** all to do but party.

Bye.

11. The way it works is this:

There are a number of vacancies. Some people apply to join, and list their preferences. When those people have successfully met all the criteria, they are alotted a start date that ties in with their preferences and the vacancies at that time. If someone's first preference is a popular one and their second preference is not, it is highly likely that they will be placed in their second preference in order that entries are as fully-subscribed as possible. You will not be placed on an intake the commencement date of which precedes the date on which you are accepted.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well at least we are progressing. Now that you admit it is a daft question, maybe you will think about asking others.

13. GOOD CO thinks i am a absolute cock,but thats just his opinion.I think it is time for him to take a look at his sad life.
    Shame he did not have the balls to leave his post up.:blowkiss:

And he is ADMIN for the fourm.

14. If a regiment is not recruiting and 100% full, can I still join it?

15. I was wondering if anyone knows whether I can still join a regiment after it has been disbanded? It's just that I'm pretty keen on becoming a vulcan pilot, but the Royal Navy recruitment office says that they only have helicopters now. I've tried to ring them again but they've stopped taking my calls.

Any help much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.