Future Herrick Ops?

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Extra_Stout, Oct 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there a way to find out which regiment will be on Herrick 16/17 or any future rotations to places such as BATUS or Germany?

2. Yes but if I told you I'd have to kill you.

3. Have you asked Dr Who?

4. Herrick 16 will be led by 22 SAS, Herrick 17 will be 21 and 23 (The TA counterparts). We expect them to polish everything off nicely so there wont be a Herrick 18. Thanks for expressing an interest.

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you phone the RARSM at larkhill he is more than happy to help with this sort of thing. Was talking to him yeasterday about his open door policy and how he likes helping people.

6. RARSM ?

or would that be RASM perhaps ?

Captain Pedant work here is done

7. Hmmm... So the best way of selecting a regiment that might be rotating out soon would be to discount the ones who've been recently so?

8. That's cool stabtoreg, many thanks. Is it published anywhere, or are these things just known?

9. I think its on the Internet.

10. Well it certainly is now!

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's not the best basis for selecting a regiment. You might try learning about a regiment through a careers office or t'internet and then select what you feel would be the best fit.

12. I absolutely agree! It's just out of interest to know!

13. Which if you run it through my enigma machine comes out as:

I'm thinking of joining up but don't fancy getting sand in my eye or wheels instead of legs. What regts can I join so that I can just cut about in the uniform and smash up Wetherspoons pubs while telling everyone "Ive seen things man. You don't know, you weren't there."

• Like Like x 1
  14. Other way round if anything, mate! And I'm certainly not moving over from Dublin to go blagging in wetherspoons...

Sam Smyths is far better for tall tales!

And I liked your unedited version of that post better.... "Ive seen thongs man. You don't know, you weren't there."... It's all right pal, we've all pulled the size 22 girl. You're in good company. Let the tears out. I've seen men ruined by a fat one night stander.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Predictive text on my phone thinks its ******* Sid James.

Good luck with whatever you choose mate.

Unless its the RAF reg, in which case you'll only have to worry about choking on a slice of pizza you fat knacker :)