Future ARRSE and The Real ARRSE Survey

Please rate the site (apologies to those who already have, but please do so again). There are in theory prizes to be won for doing it, but I'd rather you did it for the luurrve of ARRSE as I'm always cynical of these things.

SURVEY HERE

Reasons for this survey are 1) To help an agency take on our advertising (freeing up some much needed admin time) and 2) get some feedback about the site in general

Feedback on the usability or otherwise of the site and improvements also welcome in this thread as we are currently working on a cleaned-up and easier to use version of the site. The main changes planned are:

1) Simpler menu, with clearer sub-menu
2) Links more obvious - underlined
3) Layout bug-fixes and this is part of an upgrade to the latest version of the software
4) Lighter colours
5) Change to full width, so the site will expand to fit your browser instead of having empty space around the page.
6) Gallery and profile area fixes
7) Possible return to full, long forums list pending increased server power

Functional changes will be:

- paged "Last 50" with hover-over thread preview
- more useful front page with large detailed recent threads list, more readable wiki article and less invasive advertising

Screenshots show the forum pull-down 'mega-menu' when hovering over "Forum", and the reviews and submenu, likely colours and full width.

Attachments

Also worth mentioning that the latest VBulletin (the site software) comes with a mobile friendly theme for those that can't / don't want to use the iphone and android (tapatalk) apps.

C

cloudbuster

Done. (Surprised to see no remarks box for bigging-up the COs though.) Hope it works-out as planned.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Done (again!) and still waiting for my prize to be delivered. :)

Love the question that asks if the information is credible :D

triple plus, why would I pt anything else.

I agree - a crap question. I'm not sure whether I'd prefer to get the highest or the lowest score on that one. Questions are stock ones of the ad agency.

Thank you all - and a shameless bump to others - please do this for us. It's very quick and will be a big help.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Done, where's my prize?

I liked the question "Do you think the colours are nice" Not exactly Saatchi level.

C

cloudbuster

Done, where's my prize?

I liked the question "Do you think the colours are nice" Not exactly Saatchi level.
Some of the questions did make me wonder about the target audience, but if there's a successful outcome..............

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
GCO

I think you need to split this thread into Survey and Site Changes to concentrate minds on the 2 different requests.

Survey - done;

Site Changes -

the screen shots you give look good and the idea seems fine. Perhaps this is a time to sort out the tabs top of the page - too many there IMO and most could drop down to More ARRSE.

Also, how about a WO when you are getting ready to make these changes, especially if it involves downtime? Save a lot of Site Issue messages.

Lastly, if you could re-introduce a tab on each post to get back to the top of the page. At the moment it is only at the end of the last post on the page. If one has dropped in to view a post it would be handy to be able to click to top of page rather than scroll down or up. The original site had a tab in each post to enable this.