Future ARRSE and The Real ARRSE Survey

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Mar 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Please rate the site (apologies to those who already have, but please do so again). There are in theory prizes to be won for doing it, but I'd rather you did it for the luurrve of ARRSE as I'm always cynical of these things.

Reasons for this survey are 1) To help an agency take on our advertising (freeing up some much needed admin time) and 2) get some feedback about the site in general

Feedback on the usability or otherwise of the site and improvements also welcome in this thread as we are currently working on a cleaned-up and easier to use version of the site. The main changes planned are:

1) Simpler menu, with clearer sub-menu
    2) Links more obvious - underlined
    3) Layout bug-fixes and this is part of an upgrade to the latest version of the software
    4) Lighter colours
    5) Change to full width, so the site will expand to fit your browser instead of having empty space around the page.
    6) Gallery and profile area fixes
    7) Possible return to full, long forums list pending increased server power

Functional changes will be:

- paged "Last 50" with hover-over thread preview
    - more useful front page with large detailed recent threads list, more readable wiki article and less invasive advertising

Screenshots show the forum pull-down 'mega-menu' when hovering over "Forum", and the reviews and submenu, likely colours and full width.

Attached Files:

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Also worth mentioning that the latest VBulletin (the site software) comes with a mobile friendly theme for those that can't / don't want to use the iphone and android (tapatalk) apps.
  3. Done. (Surprised to see no remarks box for bigging-up the COs though.) Hope it works-out as planned.
  4. I've just completed it. As a noobie, I think it's a pretty good forum. I'm using the tapatalk iPhone app and it's not bad.
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Done (again!) and still waiting for my prize to be delivered. :)
  6. Love the question that asks if the information is credible :D
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

And your reply was................................
  8. triple plus, why would I pt anything else.
  9. Done. Plus another couple of words so I beat the annoying minimum.
  10. completed - this is a 'nice' site - who wrote the questionnaire? :)
  11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I agree - a crap question. I'm not sure whether I'd prefer to get the highest or the lowest score on that one. Questions are stock ones of the ad agency.
  12. Done did that there doodad.
  13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thank you all - and a shameless bump to others - please do this for us. It's very quick and will be a big help.
  14. Done....again ;)
  15. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Done, where's my prize?

I liked the question "Do you think the colours are nice" Not exactly Saatchi level.