Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Future Army Dress Program? Govt to pay for uniform changes?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
In an the announcement on the Defence Intrenet about new Cap Badges / regiments for the TA etc it mentioned the 'Future Army Dress Program'. I can't find anything else about this program.

It also mentioned that the cost of replacing / altering uniforms, stable belts, slides etc for them as has to, is to be met from the public purse. Is that so? If it is it will be a first.

sknn said:
In an the announcement on the Defence Intrenet about new Cap Badges / regiments for the TA etc it mentioned the 'Future Army Dress Program'. I can't find anything else about this program.

It also mentioned that the cost of replacing / altering uniforms, stable belts, slides etc for them as has to, is to be met from the public purse. Is that so? If it is it will be a first.

Maybe I'm missing your point, but where else would the money come from? I, for sure, am not paying out of my own pocket for another new style uniform!

As far as I'm aware individuals have had to pay for uniform changes that resulted from rebadging. Things like stable belts, rank slides, mess dress, Officer SDs etc. Not to mention T-shirts track suits Regt ties etc all of which you are suppossed to have. Unless you know different.

sknn said:
As far as I'm aware individuals have had to pay for uniform changes that resulted from rebadging. Things like stable belts, rank slides, mess dress, Officer SDs etc. Not to mention T-shirts track suits Regt ties etc all of which you are suppossed to have. Unless you know different.

OK I did miss your point! I thought you were talking about normal working dress stuff.

However, many (although not all) Corps/Regts on amalgamation will issue accoutrements (Stable belts, rank slides etc). It is my belief that if you are amalgamated then if you hold these things then they should be paid for, as you have already paid for it once. I know that in some cases the Regts/Corps will allow Mess Dress of the Corps'/Regts' original pattern to be worn for a period.

Harry Paget Flashman said:
I understand that The Yorkshire Regt will be issued Stable Belts and Rank Slides.

I've been given to understand that's the case. As well as new berrets and badges. I've also been given to understand that Mess dress wouldn't need to updated asap/at all.....

Which is a good job cos I got 1(one) Yorkshire Rose flash and told I had to buy 5 more.....I still haven't......I think the words "You want me to tear off my old flash and stitch a new one on..........You pay for it" springs to mind.

You may not guess it but I'm getting really pissed for being forced to spend money on stuff I'm being made to wear....and which f**kwit is going to pay for the cost of throwing away the old black background Yorkshire Rose flashes and having new green background flashes made..?

Rant Over....