Fusiliers???

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by kiiii, Feb 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all i am 18 years old
    been lurking on this forum for a while now and finally signed up

i am just looking for infomation on the fusiliers
    i got a dvd to watch from the army office and it looks great and im interested in goin in just wanted abit more info on the fusiliers where are they based
    i have done my barb test and got a score of above average
    i did my first mile and half run with a mate thats goin in the reme and we got just over 10 mins not the best but it was are first run what is the run time for the fusiliers
    what kinda stuff will they ask at the interview

my second choice was pioneer but after reading what u lot have had to say about them it kinda put me of lol

2. come on

3. Use the search function, there is a big thread on joining the Cap Badge o' Heroes already ;)

4. The most important thing to remember as a fusilier, is you'll never be short of something to dust on top of that "hard to reach" lampshade again.

Hope this helps.

5. cheers

6. Infantry is under 10.30 - but I'd suggest aiming to get as fit as possible before you head off to Catterick.

Dont worry about the interview - just be yourself and act natural. If you're right for the infantry, you'll be accepted. If not, you'll be deferred for a short time to iron out any issues.

I've done a far bit of work with RRF over the years, both as a reg and now as a stab. What I can say is that (in general), they are a find bunch of lads who get the job done with minimum fuss.

Wont go far wrong with joining Englands Fusiliers mate.

You can find out a little more on the RRF by visiting the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Regiment_of_Fusiliers or by visiting http://www.army.mod.uk/infantry/regiments/3476.aspx

Good luck.

7. Cnut!

8. Ok,

1RRF- 1st Battalion are currentley in Fallingbostal, Germany an Armoured unit, due to return to UK, Tidworth this year.

2RRF- 2nd Battalion are in Hounslow in the light role.

Cracking regiment, lads recruited from London, Midlands, North West, and North East, a good mix, so good fun on footie days.

Enjoy!!

9. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

If Carlsberg made Capbadges...

10. thanks for the info

so the mile and half run time for the fusiliers is 10.30 ???

11. As far as I am aware, all infantry (excluding paras) need to be running under 10.30...I may be wrong however - it's certainly the current bench mark for infantry TA. At your age, you should be looking to run a lot faster than that mate. There's plenty of info on this forum (use the search function).

Best thing you can do is get your arse back down your local careers office and get the ball rolling. :D

12. Once you finish training, you will be expected to run in less than 10:30. For ADSC (the selection centre before you join), your goalposts are a little wider. Pop across to the joining up forum and have a look around, there is a lot of useful information there.

13. cheers had alook around there alot of good info
    did another run today with my mate knowing that i had to get better then 10 30 and we did so im happy with that think on the day i will do alot better aswell because of the extra determination i will have.
    im positive my upper body strength is good enough because i can life more then my body weight which is 72 kg
    and can do just over 40 push ups in 1 minute and 40 sit ups in 1 minute which im sure will get better if i continue to do them
    not sure how many chin ups i can do
    but i have mainly been doin my runnin on the treadmill at the gym which i have been told is not the best way
    best way being to get out there and do it on the streets or a runnin track

14. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Good lad. You've got the right sort of determination there. Just keep working at it and you'll be in and going in no time at all.

Well done on your first step to joining one of the best Regiments around. Always remember, "Once a Fusilier, always a Fusilier."