Fury as Israelis damage British war cemetery

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Taz_786, Nov 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/11/13/nveterans13.xml

This must be the 'terror infrastructure' the Israelis are always on about.

2. No, it's called a "technical failure" combined with a "map reading error' due to "communication problems" following an "unreported take off".....
  3. And when you think of how the Israelis get their knickers in a twist when somebody defaces stuff at Bergen-Belsen or Dachau .....

4. Yes, indeed. There was even a minor scandal in Israel when a party of young officers were in Poland to visit Auscwitz and it was revealed they were playing cards on the bus there and thus not showing proper respect IIRC.
  5. Maybe when America is your bestest friend, you can do whatever you want.

I really hope we make the bu**ers make good the damage or fund the repairs. Not least, they should say "sorry" and mean it. It may be good for them to remember that Palestine was a British Mandate before that big chunk was carved out for them
  6. Cemeteries and memorials get damaged in war, it's a fact of life.

The Western Front is littered with WW1 memorials pockmarked with bullet holes; the Menin Gate, Hill 60 and Vimy Ridge to name just three. Do we really think that 60 years ago, our forefathers let that sniper continue to shoot just because he was sat in a cemetery?
  7. If they show so litte respect for the living, how do you expect them to show respect for the dead.

8. As if we needed it, another apparent example of the arrogance of that spiteful little nation. Four months, and not even a reply?
  9. I can agree with that, but to be so arrogant to not admit it and rectify the damge caused, thats a different kettle of fish.
  10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

My Father never trusted Isreal.He say "Give a race a country & they'll hate the rest of the world".
    He thought that,the Holocaust aside,that they'd be victim fist & oppressers later,not careing about world opinion.
    He was right.
  11. There's sniper fire and artillery damage, then there's this...

12. My great grandfather is buried along with others from his Norfolk Regt battalion in Gaza - I agree with AWOL but wilful destruction is another matter, or is it something we should have come to expect from Israel, after all, a similar bulldozer ran down a peace campaigner 2/3 years ago, despite her wearing a high-vis vest, waving her arms and shouting while it was still some distance away.
  13. Shame on them (Israel) They should make good the damage without question.
  14. Not all bad then, are they?
  15. well why the f*ck didnt the hippie get out the way?!?!? there own stupid fault!!