Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Further Decline in ol Blighty

And this helps Artists be better how?

Britain's Arts Council now requires organizations applying for grants to state how many of their board members are ' bisexual, homosexual, heterosexual, lesbian or have - and I love this bit - " inclinations that are not known "

Room for MDN to get a grant there...Hey my board has a person who likes to dress up in vinyl and pee through straws off overpasses on tour buses whilst juggling hedgehogs... give me the money!!

Rocketeer said:
And this helps Artists be better how?

Britain's Arts Council now requires organizations applying for grants to state how many of their board members are ' bisexual, homosexual, heterosexual, lesbian or have - and I love this bit - " inclinations that are not known "

Room for MDN to get a grant there...Hey my board has a person who likes to dress up in vinyl and pee through straws off overpasses on tour buses whilst juggling hedgehogs... give me the money!!

Let's be sensible about this. After all, it is public money we're talking about. Surely these questions are just as relevant when applying for planning permission for a kitchen extension or a senior citizen's bus pass.

Yokel said:
Errrrrrr.............. WAH!!!

No wah,

This is the very same Arts Council that paid 'performance artist' Mark McGowan FOUR FCUKING GRAND of our money to dress up in a soldier's uniform and spend a morning lying on a pavement in Birmingham pretending to be dead.

Protest against the Iraq war dontcha know. Hence the loony left couldn't wait to hose Mr McGowan down with our cash.

His previous piece of performance art involved a three legged race round the City of London. All the participants were his friends. Oh and there was a £1,000 prize for the winner.

The Arts Council - leading the world in taking the pi$$.

Interestingly, this is what the relevant page on the form asks:

20 Please give the number of members on your management committee, board, governing body or council who are from the following groups. (We will use this information to report to the government and to compare success rates of the applications we receive. We will not use this information to assess your application.) Give numbers for each group in the boxes below.

British
Irish
Any other white background
Asian or Asian British:
Asian Bangladeshi
Asian Indian
Asian Pakistani
Any other Asian background
Black or Black British:
Black African
Black Caribbean
Any other Black background
Chinese
Asian and white
Black African and white
Black Caribbean and white
Chinese and white
Any other background from more than one ethnic group

Any other ethnic group (Please give details below.)

Not known

22 Please give the number of members of your management committee, board, governing body or council who identify themselves as having the following sexual orientation (sexualities).
(We will use this information to report to the Government and to compare success rates of the applications we receive. We will not use this information to assess your application.)
Bisexual
Gay
Heterosexual
Lesbian
Not known

This is in contrast to the "Individual applicant" section of the form, in which you can tell them to fuck off and mind their own foul business at most of the questions. Note the blackest of evil black Nazi New Labour Zanu-PF lies in bold above.

But possibly more importantly, who does use that information, and why? And what is it used for? Will we be told?