Further Decline in ol Blighty

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Apr 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. And this helps Artists be better how?

Britain's Arts Council now requires organizations applying for grants to state how many of their board members are ' bisexual, homosexual, heterosexual, lesbian or have - and I love this bit - " inclinations that are not known "

Room for MDN to get a grant there...Hey my board has a person who likes to dress up in vinyl and pee through straws off overpasses on tour buses whilst juggling hedgehogs... give me the money!!

2. as the late kenny everett would say "lets round them up, put them in a field and bomb the b*stards)

3. Dunno, might be a good thing. Be a change for some of the money to go to folk who aren't gay.

4. Meanwhile the defence of the realm is suffering................makes you wonder where the priorities lie.

5. Let's be sensible about this. After all, it is public money we're talking about. Surely these questions are just as relevant when applying for planning permission for a kitchen extension or a senior citizen's bus pass.

6. Errrrrrr.............. WAH!!!

7. No wah,

This is the very same Arts Council that paid 'performance artist' Mark McGowan FOUR FCUKING GRAND of our money to dress up in a soldier's uniform and spend a morning lying on a pavement in Birmingham pretending to be dead.

Protest against the Iraq war dontcha know. Hence the loony left couldn't wait to hose Mr McGowan down with our cash.

His previous piece of performance art involved a three legged race round the City of London. All the participants were his friends. Oh and there was a £1,000 prize for the winner.

The Arts Council - leading the world in taking the pi$$.

8. Interestingly, this is what the relevant page on the form asks:

This is in contrast to the "Individual applicant" section of the form, in which you can tell them to fuck off and mind their own foul business at most of the questions. Note the blackest of evil black Nazi New Labour Zanu-PF lies in bold above.

But possibly more importantly, who does use that information, and why? And what is it used for? Will we be told?