Furniture Allowance for SSFA

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by triggsy, Apr 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone shed some light on whether a furniture pack can be provided when living in substitute service families accommdation?

My situation is that I am posted to an area where there are no quarters within commuting distance so have applied for SSFA. This only my second married move and so far have not accummilated my own furniture. This would not be a problem if there was SFA, but limits my options when seeking a rental property as most are unfurnished.

I have asked the question to the DHE and the agency that are sourcing a property for us but they are not forthcoming whether I can get a furniture pack, furniture grant or even standard quarter furniture. :?:

Any advice on this or problems getting SSFA would be appreciated.

Thanks

Triggsy

2. Triggsy,

DE (HD) should know better. The answer to this question is on their very own application form where it states in Sect 3 of the application form "Do you require furnished accn YES or NO". Link below (Chapter 6 refers). You should have completed this to initiate the SSFA reqt.

If YES they should provide furniture to reflect the entitlement that you would be provided with if occupying SFA. Your accn charge for SSFA (always Grade 1 regardless of condition) will reflect this.

PAW

http://defenceintranet.diiweb.r.mil.uk/NR/rdonlyres/8B20EE81-DFBF-4D5D-8F8B-7578995FD6BD/0/060525TSARSPt1asat1Jun06.doc

3. Agree with PAW. DE(HD) should arrange for furniture - either rent a suitably furnished property or provide from usual mil sources with the local ASU providing. Have just had exactly this problem here with circa 25 ghurka families moving into rented accom - ASU struggled to find aditional furniture but were force to in the end, however, DE(HD) should manage all of this process for you. Do not accept quarter until you have a written promise from them for furniture.

4. Thanks for the advice, glad to know what they have to provide.

It's less than 4 weeks before we need to move in and we're yet to have any options, furnished or unfurnished, and are getting a little anxious.

We hope to move in to a suitable property in time, even if it is with Army furniture.

Triggsy