Funny personal ad

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jumpinjarhead, Dec 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This may be a wind up-it is supposed to be an actual personal ad put in the Savannah Georgia paper but I thought it was still funny:

2. That's funny! But, if true "Alex" could also be prosecuted for theft with a deadly weapon as he, as i read it, demanded the personal property of the assailant whilst holding his .45.
  3. Yee haa! Good 'ol Septics, complete cobblers mind, just another excuse why everyone in America should be "Packin heat!" World would be a safer place if we all had gu..........Blah blah blah.
  4. I humbly aplogiz(s)e for taking up your time with such blah. I mistakenly thought this was the NAAFI rather than a serious thread to discuss the pros and cons of the right to carry firearms. Silly me.
  5. I first saw this as an anti-junk mail letter in a book called "Get Even, The Complete Book of Dirty Tricks" by George Hayduke. The above add is much the same, except he's missing the bit about buying sets of tyres too. No doubt the "advert" has appered all over the place since then.

I'm sure it's just a fake by a walt vigilante.

Mildly amusing though...
  6. Mildly amusing? Mildly amusing? Its fucking hilarious.
  7. Lighten up for fuck's sake.
  8. Thanks-I don't feel quite as bad now for having posted it and wasted so many ARRSERs time. ;-)
  9. JJH, don't mind llech, he/she/it is welsh. Think "Redneck Poontang"
  10. It made me smile, shit or not thanks JJH.
  11. JJH True or not it certainly gave me a smile on a cold and snowbound night .
  12. Thanks--I feel the love all the way across the pond. ;-)
  13. Interesting post and I know that as a gentleman you are using the word " love " in its wider sense and not in the touchy touchy feely sweaty way .