Funny old world

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Mar 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Brigid Simmonds, of the British Beer and Pub Association, said: "This latest beer tax hike piles on the misery for Britain's hard-pressed pubs and beer lovers. It is also a snub to voters, who by a majority of two to one wanted the Chancellor to scrap the beer tax escalator.

"Since 2008, beer tax has increased by an eye-watering 26% - a £761 million tax rise - and we have seen the loss of 4,000 pubs and over 40,000 jobs up and down the country. Beer sales are down £650m in the last year alone."

Twice the number of jobs lost during the Miners' strike of 84-55:
  2. Hardly effects beer lovers as they will continue to source from the real problem the supermarkets.Tax rise on beer, however Tescoland will continue to sell at irresponsible prices sometimes below cost.
  3. And that's a bad thing because...??
  4. If you have to ask their is little point trying to explain it to you,lets just say it's a social thing.
  5. Don't get me wrong, I like a drink in the pub as much as the next man, but my local has shut down, and it's a drive to the next nearest. I will have a social drink every now and then in the work's social club. But, drinking in a pub is so expensive these days, it's no wonder people drink at home! How can you compare £3+ a pint in a pub to about £1 at home??