Funerals

Bit of a chat in work today, got on to the subject of death and funerals. Got me thinking what hymns would you have sung at your funeral. My 3 Would be

1) Jerusalem
2) I vow to thee my country
3) Onward christian soldiers

Then on to the pub to drink and say he was a cnut wasn't he.
Just intrested thats all.

1. Who wants to live forever - queen
2. Jerusalem
3. For the comittal Bat out of hell - Meatloaf

Was talking with my old man about similar a couple of weeks ago, that daft old cnut wants his ashes mixing with black powder and firing down Stickledown at Bisley..... If he goes first I'll do it for him

for me, Killed by death, by Motorhead

Can't happen here, by Rainbow

Motorhead, by Hawkwind

and I want my corpse stuck in a boat and set fire to, Viking style. only its not allowed. (mind you, what can they do, arrest me?)

chosen_man said:
Bit of a chat in work today, got on to the subject of death and funerals....
At 0913hrs on Monday morning? That's serious! I'm usually awake, alert and raring to go by then! I only get that suicidal late on Sunday evenings when faced with a pile of CRs and other work that must be completed by, say, 0913hrs on Monday morning....

Abide With Me
Onward Christian Soldiers
Jerusalem

Litotes

And, please, don't ask your mates to sing "All Things Bright and Beautiful" just for a laugh. A church full of soldiers trying to sing in harmony to that is NOT funny.

The great gig in the sky - The Floyd

My father in-law had;

There ain't no pleasin you by chas n dave.

Strange thing though. He fcuking hated them 8O.

Litotes said:
chosen_man said:
Bit of a chat in work today, got on to the subject of death and funerals....
At 0913hrs on Monday morning? That's serious! I'm usually awake, alert and raring to go by then! I only get that suicidal late on Sunday evenings when faced with a pile of CRs and other work that must be completed by, say, 0913hrs on Monday morning....

Abide With Me
Onward Christian Soldiers
Jerusalem

Litotes

And, please, don't ask your mates to sing "All Things Bright and Beautiful" just for a laugh. A church full of soldiers trying to sing in harmony to that is NOT funny.
no it was'nt at 0913 it was about 1630 but i posted it at 2113hrs, but anyway all things bright and beautiful now thats an idea just to upset the vicar who let's face is the only one who sings at these things anyway

Smack me bitch up - Prodigy
I am the scat man - Scat man
Ebanesa good - fook knows
Me and my monkey - Robbie Williams
Rape me - Nivana

At least I will have a laugh looking up/down from wherever I go

Sympathy For The Devil Rolling Stones

As my guitar gently weeps( prob the only thing that will)

Going Underground The Jam

for the commital

Theme from the Archers

Depends who turns up:

If any of my ex girlfriends turn up, or if I have one at the time:

Hallalujah - Leonard Cohen
True Colours - The version done by Eva Cassidy, sung by the bird from Lamb (cos Eva is dead)
I'll be your lover, too - Van Morrison

That will get em blubbing.

If it's only my drunken mates who turn up, on the way to happy hour:

So What - Metallica
Feck Her Gently - Tenacious D
I hung my head - Johnny Cash

Highland Cathedral for the lone archer with flaming arrow bit, obviously

Hmm,

Killing me softly - fugees
If you don't know me by now - (cant remeber who did it)
Always look on the bright side of life - monty python!!!

OS

ugly

LE
Elgars cello Concerto not with Dupree because of all the coughing, one coffin too many and for the rolling through the curtain bit, Nimrod!

If I'm dead they can weep and get it over with, If I know I'm about to off, I want to go to my own wake and get truly bladdered, if the colostomy bag will take it! Only fair as I'll be paying for it!

Latest Threads