Funeral wishes

My songs: As the coffin is carried in - "One Kind Favour" by B B King. All pallbearers will be instructed to do that jazzy New Orleans funeral slow step thing. As the coffin is lowered into the furnace - "My Way". The Sid Vicious version. I've also given my eldest lad my FB login details. Every few months, he's going to post things on my account. Like "I'm bored" or "Its hot down here".

that is either excellent or awful!
Good work!
Hopefully, both.

I will supply* alcoholic drinks to anyone who doesn't look at their watch before the 5 minute mark.

*Not personally. That would be challenging.

Hopefully, both.

I will supply* alcoholic drinks to anyone who doesn't look at their watch before the 5 minute mark.

*Not personally. That would be challenging.
Funny, I was just thinking of how to distribute the whisky collection....and how to rein in the fat/greedy feckers at the wake.
I think some kind of pre-paid card access vending machines are in order.

And a few surplus radio tags (non-explosive) to stop people fidgeting

For Whom The Bell Tolls by Iron Maiden, Firestarter as I'm fed feet first into the pyre, then Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. Because (and I'm loathe to start a sentence with Because), after that Nothing Else Matters. Oh and Buenes Aires by the Macc Lads 91 version, just cos I like the Macc Lads. I'd like a bugler and piper to do Last Post and Amazing Grace, if any of my QGS mates can help me out, on the day.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
One of my neighbours I'd known since I was here as a kid died a few years back, a real old country woman character who ran a stables. Her family put her coffin in the back of her old half ton Landrover that she'd had for years and drove everywhere in, as per her request, and delivered her to the church and the burial that way.
Phil the Greek Walt

I’m a bluff old traditionalist. They can bring me in to the Corps March, in a sky blue/green/navy blue coffin. Then Jerusalem and in a nod to my life in the US (and Monty Python), Liberty Bell.

No, I’m not joking :)

Funeral?

That's some other f------'s problem. What do I care?

Jack, miserable and antisocial in life. Even more so in death.

seat_sniffer2

Old-Salt
My own particular choices - during the service 'Star Trekkin' by the Firm. If anyone still has a sombre face after that, they don't deserve to be there at my end.

Then into the flames to, 'Here I go again' by Whitesnake.

For Whom The Bell Tolls by Iron Maiden, Firestarter as I'm fed feet first into the pyre, then Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. Because (and I'm loathe to start a sentence with Because), after that Nothing Else Matters. Oh and Buenes Aires by the Macc Lads 91 version, just cos I like the Macc Lads. I'd like a bugler and piper to do Last Post and Amazing Grace, if any of my QGS mates can help me out, on the day.

For Who The Bell Tolls is Metallica, old stick. I'd like Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name on the way in. The clergy might appreciate that. Or maybe not.

My old mate Noel asked for, and got, "Hocus Pocus" by Focus. There were quite a few surprised expressions when the yodelling started!

oldnotbold

War Hero
One of my neighbours I'd known since I was here as a kid died a few years back, a real old country woman character who ran a stables. Her family put her coffin in the back of her old half ton Landrover that she'd had for years and drove everywhere in, as per her request, and delivered her to the church and the burial that way.
Worked for Phil the Greek

Latest Threads