Funeral Dress code Question

I'm going to my granfathers funeral, (WW2 Matelot) in civi's but wearing Regtl tie as a mark of respect.
The Question is should I wear a black armband or a black band on my tie?
All help appreciated
Snakes

I think the general form is for family members to wear black armbands or black neckties

Flyingrockdj

War Hero
Black Necktie or much preferred option is reg/ship tie, bla armband is really optional these days, if you want to do one, plain black cloth 2 and three quarter inches thick one inch abover right elbow.

from a former guardsman!

I'd wear a leopardskin lycra leotard and flippers and a wizzards hat :D

Flyingrockdj said:
Black Necktie or much preferred option is reg/ship tie, bla armband is really optional these days, if you want to do one, plain black cloth 2 and three quarter inches thick one inch abover right elbow.

from a former guardsman!
thanks

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
At my father's funeral the family jointly decided that a sober tie rather than a black one was more in keeping with his manner and attitude.

He wasn't a miserable sod so we didn't think a miserable tie was in keeping.

Service or regimental tie is fine. Black armbands are rather old-fashioned (though there's nothing wrong with that). A black pocket-handkerchief looks very well and complements service ties.

HLS

Old-Salt
Mighty_doh_nut said:
I'd wear a leopardskin lycra leotard and flippers and a wizzards hat :D
B'stard......got there before me, but I'd wear spats as well ....cnut

Yeah but your leotard had a built in Butt plug, does't it Taff :D

Mr Happy

LE
Flyingrockdj said:

from a former guardsman!
OK then. Do you have a source for black armbands?