Fundraising help

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Clubby85, Jan 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

I am looking at doing a charity rally and the regulations state that I can donate upto 50% of my raised money to a Registered Children's Charity in my local community.

1st Question:- Are there any Registered Children's Charities in the Forces community?

2nd Question:- Trying to keep my sponsors "Army" Orientated i.e. NAAFI etc, are there any big players in the Forces community that might be willing to sponsor?

Failing 2nd Q are there any big names linked to the Forces community that would sponsor? i.e. sporting names or vehicle manufacturers.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Clubby85

2. A lot of the Forces Car Sale companies; Volvo, etc do sponsorship. Try and speak to the local reps rather than the head office. Don't forget to do GIFT AID - whereby the Charity you give the money to can claim 28p from every pound from the taxman, all it takes is a sponsorship form with the address of the person who gives you the money and a signature. The person must be paying Income Tax.

Try local businesses that benefit from Service Personnel/families money - makes em feel guilty (sometimes).

Good Luck.

3. Thanks,

I'll try the local Car manufacturers next week, I'll pop in and see them rather than phone or e-mail.