Fundraising help

C

Clubby85

Hey,

I am looking at doing a charity rally and the regulations state that I can donate upto 50% of my raised money to a Registered Children's Charity in my local community.

1st Question:- Are there any Registered Children's Charities in the Forces community?

2nd Question:- Trying to keep my sponsors "Army" Orientated i.e. NAAFI etc, are there any big players in the Forces community that might be willing to sponsor?

Failing 2nd Q are there any big names linked to the Forces community that would sponsor? i.e. sporting names or vehicle manufacturers.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Clubby85

A lot of the Forces Car Sale companies; Volvo, etc do sponsorship. Try and speak to the local reps rather than the head office. Don't forget to do GIFT AID - whereby the Charity you give the money to can claim 28p from every pound from the taxman, all it takes is a sponsorship form with the address of the person who gives you the money and a signature. The person must be paying Income Tax.

Try local businesses that benefit from Service Personnel/families money - makes em feel guilty (sometimes).

Good Luck.

C

Clubby85

Thanks,

I'll try the local Car manufacturers next week, I'll pop in and see them rather than phone or e-mail.