Funding other than ELCAS

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by Partridge49, Apr 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi all,

    I am looking to to undertake an MSc at Leicester university. Other than ELCAS what funding is available to me? I did 8 years in the Royal Engineers and got to full screw. Can I look for help with the Royla British Legion? Any help would be great! Thanks.
  2. When did you get out? Did you join th Enhanced Learning Credits scheme?
  3. Yeah I have enhanced learning credits and some savings but the course is just under £10,000 so I am looking for some other options to help me...
  4. Nehustan

    Nehustan On ROPs

    Career Development Loan from your/a bank??? 10k for a masters is quite steep, what's the subject?

    Sent from my Nexus 7
  5. apply to the SLC (student loans company) they should be able to give you the required funding. it comes out of your salary when you earn over 26k per year. so it is not a massive drama as its taken at source like pension contributions.
  6. Other options, do a cheaper Masters, do it somewhere else or bite the bullet and accept you'll have to pay for postgraduate education. Doesn't the RBL have more important things to spend money on?

    Actually this morning I was looking at doing a Masters in History, roughly 4,800 quid. At no point did I think who could fund something what is basically my own choice to do. The same goes for all those whining students banging on about "having to pay for higher education", yes you should but in reality with the way it works very few of them ever actually will.

    Sent via Tapatalk HD
    • Like Like x 1