funding for itc kit list

Status
Not open for further replies.
just thought id let evri1 no that if you claim job seekers allowance..aka a degree in playin on consoles all day..they giv you up to £300 or refund vice versa for your itc kit list..just a bit of info for any of us dole dossers :D

Would this apply to me as I would be 18 and just finished school by the time I get there but not necessarily have claimed anything like that (though I do get the EMA thing) ?
SS thx

SantaSpud said:
Would this apply to me as I would be 18 and just finished school by the time I get there but not necessarily have claimed anything like that (though I do get the EMA thing) ?
SS thx
to tell you the truth i think you have to be claiming the dole...sorrryyy ss

SantaSpud said:
SS thx
Although you're a little way off starting basic I would suggest you contact your recruiting sergeant at the AFCO if you wanted to know. Least that way you can get a defiant answer instead of guesses. :)

G

gemsipot

why do dole dossers get everything thrown at them..! i gotta work 2 jobs and get jack shit in the way of help just poxy family allowence for 3 kids grrrrr..!

sorry winds me up

gemsipot said:
why do dole dossers get everything thrown at them..! i gotta work 2 jobs and get jack s*** in the way of help just poxy family allowence for 3 kids grrrrr..!

sorry winds me up
My thoughts exactly!

meshellxxx said:
Dont get me started on those lazy bastards that cant work cause they have a 'sore back'
I totally agree, however I'm part of the percentage claiming the dole but also actively looking for work. Been claiming and jobseeking for months and no freakin work in site.
I always see the stereotypical chavs when i sign on, real scum of the earth just taking advantage of the system. Makes me sick.

anyway thanks for the tip beano.

Yeah and its always the genuine people that lost jobs that feel guilty for claiming, those nobs that do it for years and have no intention of finding jobs are lapping it up arrgghhhh.

Yeah I agree, makes me sick too cos those of us who are working and struggling get no help whatsoever - just expected to get our heads down and go without. My brother is dole scum - has no intention of doing a days work and he gets offered all sorts of help and financial incentives to get his act together.

It's a shame because for those that really deserve it the benefits system is a great idea, but there are so many people who abuse it and make it so that claiming the dole is something to be ashamed of

footsteps said:
It's a shame because for those that really deserve it the benefits system is a great idea, but there are so many people who abuse it and make it so that claiming the dole is something to be ashamed of
Well said! it is a shame that there are so many lazy f**kers about, fair enough with how the economy is at the minute there are a fair few people out of work, but with all the "help" they get off of the dole office there's no wonder so many people are sitting at home doing nothing!
I myself have been out of work since jan for the first time in 5 years and have been scrimping and scraping to get by and get all my kit but i would never personally walk in there to sign on!
just my opinion anyway. :evil:

thats a lovley way to speak about your brother lolol :O

i agree you see the bast***s going to the post office collecting there little sum of money for sittin on there

backside all day doin sfa :)

shoot them allll ;)

Hmm i'm about to leave college in like a week or two and i'm on about stage 3 of my application process (done barb and pre-selection fitness test have my first interview tomorrow) and i was wondering would i be able to claim job seekers allowance for whilst i'm trying to get in. (Going for Infantry)

This is because i lose my EMA etc from going to college and my mum also loses all her benefits and i can't see myself somehow getting a job within 2-3 months and then leaving in time yet i need money whilst applying obviously. This money would mostly be spent on the kit i need for basic (if i pass) and things to help me get even fitter in time (pull up bars, weights etc)

But i might sound like a hypocrite but i also hate people on the dole who have no intention of getting a job. My dad who ows my mother about 6 grand in child benefits as he hasn't paid a penny since they split up (when i was like 2) and is managing to avoid it by not working and getting dole money, basically meaning he's a f*cking cnut.

Call me old fashioned, why the fcuk would anyone need £300 to furnish themselves with kit to do basic training. Apart from a couple of padlocks, a few sets of civvies, what the fcuk do you need that isn't provided by the system. As a tax payer I resent the fact that people on the dole can claim that amount when there is clearly no need. I could see the point if you were joining a civvy company and needed a couple of sets of smart civilian clothes, but your not, all you need is issued. The ITC instructors want to have a clamp down and ensure all recruits have the same kit, nothing above and beyond what is required. FFs, you even get decent trainers issued these days instead of dib dabs so you dont even have to buy them.

gemsipot said:
why do dole dossers get everything thrown at them..! i gotta work 2 jobs and get jack s*** in the way of help just poxy family allowence for 3 kids grrrrr..!

sorry winds me up

While I feel your pain..... I'd rather they get paid it then they're off the dole rather than continuing doing nothing ad infinitum.

Outcast said:
Call me old fashioned, why the fcuk would anyone need £300 to furnish themselves with kit to do basic training. Apart from a couple of padlocks, a few sets of civvies, what the fcuk do you need that isn't provided by the system. As a tax payer I resent the fact that people on the dole can claim that amount when there is clearly no need. I could see the point if you were joining a civvy company and needed a couple of sets of smart civilian clothes, but your not, all you need is issued. The ITC instructors want to have a clamp down and ensure all recruits have the same kit, nothing above and beyond what is required. FFs, you even get decent trainers issued these days instead of dib dabs so you dont even have to buy them.
you dont need £300...that is the amount you can have up to at their discretion..personaly i needed money for the iron.

I did a quick search to see what is required and on another military forum, found this

http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37534&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Berghaus Waterproof Coat, Maglite, Mobile Phone, Ipod are all stated as being on a kit list from ITC. That I dont believe. Your iron I can sorta understand but even these were issued when I went through training, albeit, without the steam and took about three days to heat up.

The problem I have is that if joe bloggs straight out of school joins up without having been on JSA, who pays for his iron, boot cleaning kits etc? I could understand getting a social loan to buy stuff like that, but on the wages even recruits get these days, it could easily be paid back by the time you leave basic. Why the fcuck should I as a tax payer buy you a nice shiny new steam iron. I still have to iron my kit, brush my boots and sew my uniform but I cant claim from the social. If you didn't join the army but got a civvy job in an office, you would still be required to turn out smartly with ironed kit, can you claim £300 then?

Bollux, thats what it is, borrow an iron till you can afford one out of your hard earned. You seem to can afford a console on your JPA, sell it back to GAME and buy your kit as you wont be needing it for next few months. I wouldn't be surprised if you blagged Call of Duty out of the DHSS saying it was necessary research for your impending training.

GRRRR

Status
Not open for further replies.