Funding Cuts - impact on Pre RMAS Fam visits

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Tiresias, Mar 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A few Regiments that I've spoken to have said that Fam visits prior to RMAS are being curtailed. Does anyone know anymore about this? Is it across all regiments? Does this tie in with Capita?

Or maybe it was just a polite way of getting rid of me!

Thanks

T.

2. I was under the impression that it means regiments may no longer cover your travel costs as of March 26.

3. I was in the AICO today and they gave me a quick look at a flow chart showing how FAM visits will work under the new system. As far as I could see there will be two - one before and one after the main board. They couldn't really tell me much else.

4. I was told that all visits will now have to come after the Briefing, and that all had to be organised through the ACA.

I was also told that I'd have to do a generic Infantry visit before visiting specific regiments.

Never heard of waiting until RMAS, but I've found it completely depends who you ask when looking for advice and information regarding visits!

5. A lot of the regiments are losing funding for Fam visits as they are very expensive. I would expect to be able to go see them, only not in the same capacity. You would probably be able to under your own steam and have to pay towards the stay.

6. Oh wow, that sucks.

Over the years I went on 8 visits of varying length, and it was hugely helpful in making my decisions on where I wanted to go. Probably wasn't value for money mind you...