Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Rhino_Stopper, Sep 29, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I see that a legal fund has been set up at RHQ RTR Bovington for legal expenses...

Apologies if that has been posted before.
  2. Do you have details ? and MODS could I donate on behalf of myself and ARRSE ? or would prefer not to mention ARRSE ?
  3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Apologies but could some give a website or other details
  4. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

We'll discuss it in the background and get back to you about an official position.
  5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Having spoken to others on Arrse, I know that certain site members have been putting considerable time and effort into setting up of a fund for the defence of Tpr Williams, with much communication with HQ 2 RTR.

However the end result was that he is receiving well qualified assistance at no cost to himself or to his family, and as it was thought difficult to justify the acceptance of donations for a defence that was already paid for, the project was shelved for the time being.

The RHQ RTR fund may have been set up with the aim of offsetting the other costs involved, eg. tpt for his family to and from the hearings. But that's just a guess. I'll try to find a link.
  6. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Ok, this is the score:

There is a Support Fund for a non-political campaign to raise public awareness of this case. Monies raised will go to Tpr Williams out of pocket expenses, such as visiting his legal team, and to his family for tpt and accom during the trial.

Cheques are payable to:

Colonel Commandants Fund (Tpr Williams Fighting Fund)

This is a seperate fund and donations will go only to Tpr Williams.

They may be sent to:
    Regimental Secretary,
    RHQ RTR,
    Stanley Barracks,
    BH20 6JA

They have no facilities for credit card donations, but one will be set up very shortly. Watch this space.
  7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Thought I'd bring this up again while there were more people online.

Please take a minute to think about it.

Paying by credit card will be an online system, hopefully up and running tomorrow.
  8. cutaway, thanks for the info etc.
  9. Hats off shipmate

Just hope we can get the poor bugger off.

10. Article in todays Sun, together with a mention of the fund.