Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fund raiser - Young lad, Prevent Homelessness

Fort99

Clanker
LINK - Help raise £6600 to Fund Ex soldiers living costs and prevent homelessness

Purpose for the fundraising - Prevent homelessness and debt, Ex Army. 21 Years old.
Background information - I joined the Army in September 2019 to escape my traumatic home life with my mothers ex husband. and to improve my life and myself while serving and making a difference for this country in the British Army.

Due to my upbringing and being around verbal abuse etc from a very young age during my time away from home the damage this had done had started to become a real and a massive burden to myself and my mental state of mind, I really badly suffered on a daily basis from depression, low moods and PTSD during my training, I just didn't know it yet. Basic training is already very challenging and mentally taxing on anybody without these issues that I was not already fully aware of/ processed yet.

Despite all the struggling and my unknown mental health issues I manged to pass and become a British Solider and this was the proudest day of my life.

Around 10 months later I was sent home from the army on leave due to COVID 19 and during this time I hit and all time low and fell deeper into depression at this point I had pushed everyone I cared about away from me due to suffering with mental health problems. Enough was enough and I reached out for help from a professional doctor at which I was diagnosed with depression and PTSD and given a high dosage of anti-depressants.

This resulted in me losing my dream career due to a medical discharge for being unfit for service. My career and dream of being in the British Army was over in a matter of months due to my mental health issues and how new I was to the service, my dreams were shattered.

I have managed to learn to cope/ deal and conquer my mental health issues and demons. I have been accepted and due to start a college course in criminology in the hopes to study at university and join the police force and do what I'm best and most passionate about - Making a difference and helping people and serving my country.

I live on my own and I can't afford to pay my rent, bills or put food in the fridge. I'm at real risk of poverty.

I am only 21 years old and single so I'm not classed as a priority to many people., charities or other organisations.

I have reached out for help everywhere else, benefits, the local council/ MP's and working on my days off and trying to juggle my college coursework. I can't move back in with family due to my personal circumstances and theirs.

I have direct debit contracts for essentials such as car insurance, water, gas and electric but I can't afford to cover them and the government/ benefits and the council have said they cannot help me with the shortfall due to my age, being single with no children and outgoings even though they are all for essentials and I'm stuck in a 12 month rental agreement. Any help would be greatly appreciated and will help me to turn my life around again and keep out of debt and becoming homeless.

Thank You!

LINK - Help raise £6600 to Fund Ex soldiers living costs and prevent homelessness

Purpose for the fundraising - Prevent homelessness and debt, Ex Army. 21 Years old.
Background information - I joined the Army in September 2019 to escape my traumatic home life with my mothers ex husband. and to improve my life and myself while serving and making a difference for this country in the British Army.

Due to my upbringing and being around verbal abuse etc from a very young age during my time away from home the damage this had done had started to become a real and a massive burden to myself and my mental state of mind, I really badly suffered on a daily basis from depression, low moods and PTSD during my training, I just didn't know it yet. Basic training is already very challenging and mentally taxing on anybody without these issues that I was not already fully aware of/ processed yet.

Despite all the struggling and my unknown mental health issues I manged to pass and become a British Solider and this was the proudest day of my life.

Around 10 months later I was sent home from the army on leave due to COVID 19 and during this time I hit and all time low and fell deeper into depression at this point I had pushed everyone I cared about away from me due to suffering with mental health problems. Enough was enough and I reached out for help from a professional doctor at which I was diagnosed with depression and PTSD and given a high dosage of anti-depressants.

This resulted in me losing my dream career due to a medical discharge for being unfit for service. My career and dream of being in the British Army was over in a matter of months due to my mental health issues and how new I was to the service, my dreams were shattered.

I have managed to learn to cope/ deal and conquer my mental health issues and demons. I have been accepted and due to start a college course in criminology in the hopes to study at university and join the police force and do what I'm best and most passionate about - Making a difference and helping people and serving my country.

I live on my own and I can't afford to pay my rent, bills or put food in the fridge. I'm at real risk of poverty.

I am only 21 years old and single so I'm not classed as a priority to many people., charities or other organisations.

I have reached out for help everywhere else, benefits, the local council/ MP's and working on my days off and trying to juggle my college coursework. I can't move back in with family due to my personal circumstances and theirs.

I have direct debit contracts for essentials such as car insurance, water, gas and electric but I can't afford to cover them and the government/ benefits and the council have said they cannot help me with the shortfall due to my age, being single with no children and outgoings even though they are all for essentials and I'm stuck in a 12 month rental agreement. Any help would be greatly appreciated and will help me to turn my life around again and keep out of debt and becoming homeless.

Thank You!

I bet people will queue up to throw money at someone who wants to blame his mental health for everything.
Glad to see you can afford to still run a car though.

I joined the Army in September 2019

Around 10 months later I was sent home from the army on leave due to COVID 19

Enough was enough and I reached out for help from a professional doctor at which I was diagnosed with depression and PTSD and given a high dosage of anti-depressants.

I have managed to learn to cope/ deal and conquer my mental health issues and demons.

Soooooooooooooooooooo

Joined Sept 2019 and were sent home roughly 10 months later due to Covid, around July 2020.

Since around July 2020. You have been diagnosed with depression and PTSD, discharged from the Army and learned to cope / deal with your mental health issues and demons.

Right ;) ;)

I bet people will queue up to throw money at someone who wants to blame his mental health for everything.
Glad to see you can afford to still run a car though.
I'm not going to throw any money at him

But having had one friend this year, one very secure, got it all, life is amazing (from the outside) friend, top himself (leaving children) I wouldn't be so quick to judge mental health issues. These days I would rather give the benefit of the doubt and be proven wrong.

................ the council have said they cannot help me with the shortfall due to my age, being single with no children and outgoings even though they are all for essentials and I'm stuck in a 12 month rental agreement. Any help would be greatly appreciated......
Did you try turning up at the Council offices in 'blackface', pretend not to speak English, clothes wringing wet and wearing a lifejacket? That might work...
£6,600 is a fairly specific figure. What made you choose that amount? Just curious that's all...
Your command of written English is pretty good though, so at least we weren't subjected to a ramble in text speak and if this is a genuine cry for help I hope you get it, but if this is some sort of Dragon's Den pitch for funding then I'm out... it'll never make money mate...

Fort99

Clanker
Did you try turning up at the Council offices in 'blackface', pretend not to speak English, clothes wringing wet and wearing a lifejacket? That might work...
£6,600 is a fairly specific figure. What made you choose that amount? Just curious that's all...
Your command of written English is pretty good though, so at least we weren't subjected to a ramble in text speak and if this is a genuine cry for help I hope you get it, but if this is some sort of Dragon's Den pitch for funding then I'm out... it'll never make money mate...

No this is all genuine I wish it wasn’t believe me all I’m trying to do is a course and not become homeless for a year so I can go to university and join the police...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No this is all genuine I wish it wasn’t believe me all I’m trying to do is a course and not become homeless for a year so I can go to university and join the police...

If you can’t stay in the army due to mental issues and ptsd, is becoming a copper a realistic goal?

Padre, RBL, SSAFA, Shelter, Mind.
If you're single with no kiddies no council will help you. See if they have a "Guaranteed Deposit Scheme, get a private rental and claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction.
Do a quick look-up on Turn2us - Fighting UK Poverty and look for "Granting Agencies" to see if you can get help.
And bear in mind no city in any country of the world has 'Pavements laid with gold.' It's generally chewing gum and pigeon sh1t. And good luck. :cool:

There is a recent cartoon on the 'internet ' thread which sums up the youth of today.

You have a very long way to go before you'll get in the police.

I'm not going to throw any money at him

But having had one friend this year, one very secure, got it all, life is amazing (from the outside) friend, top himself (leaving children) I wouldn't be so quick to judge mental health issues. These days I would rather give the benefit of the doubt and be proven wrong.
Read his previous posts, see if you think he is geniune or a bluffing twat.
Having PTSD doesnt make you keep running a car that you cant afford or make you sign 12 month rent agreements.

Why?

<Banter> Coz you are a nut job!</Banter> :p
You need to continue your treatment until you are well again, before starting on a new career path.
I would be very surprised if the RLC booted you out without ensuring you have some sort of treatment plan in place. Get through that, then look at your options when you are well enough.
If you have not already done so, get in touch with the RLC association, RBL, SSAFA, etc.

<Banter> Coz you are a nut job!</Banter> :p
You need to continue your treatment until you are well again, before starting on a new career path.
I would be very surprised if the RLC booted you out without ensuring you have some sort of treatment plan in place. Get through that, then look at your options when you are well enough.
If you have not already done so, get in touch with the RLC association, RBL, SSAFA, etc.
He was in phase 2 training. If you are a mental case in training its hard for them to send you to a unit (although that doesnt stop the ******* from trying).
Unlike the the rest of the Army that will keep you in until you retire no matter if you fling shit across the COs parade, training regiments will get rid off more easily.

He was in phase 2 training. If you are a mental case in training its hard for them to send you to a unit (although that doesnt stop the ******* from trying).
Unlike the the rest of the Army that will keep you in until you retire no matter if you fling shit across the COs parade, training regiments will get rid off more easily.
Not my experience when I did my final tour at Deepcut.
The Med Centre staff were quite keen (intensive physio, Operations (at Frimley Green), etc.) to fix my (unfixable) knees before letting me loose in civvy street.
The way it was explained to me by the Doctor there was that Training establishments have invested time and money in getting bods through the sausage factory, so they did their best to fix you so you could go to a working unit.
Working units were only interested in getting you fit enough to do your job (hence the tubigrip and Bruffen and a week or two of light duties).
Mind you, that was over a decade ago, I was at the end of my career and it was physical rather than mental health.
I guess @Fort99 had his review after 6 months and they decided there was no hope of getting him well enough to continue serving in a reasonable time frame.

Not my experience when I did my final tour at Deepcut.
The Med Centre staff were quite keen (intensive physio, Operations (at Frimley Green), etc.) to fix my (unfixable) knees before letting me loose in civvy street.
The way it was explained to me by the Doctor there was that Training establishments have invested time and money in getting bods through the sausage factory, so they did their best to fix you so you could go to a working unit.
Working units were only interested in getting you fit enough to do your job (hence the tubigrip and Bruffen and a week or two of light duties).
Mind you, that was over a decade ago, I was at the end of my career and it was physical rather than mental health.
I guess @Fort99 had his review after 6 months and they decided there was no hope of getting him well enough to continue serving in a reasonable time frame.
Mental cases tend to have it cushy, so they are less inclined to get better. If you have a physical injury it takes a bit of effort to get back to full fitness.
If you are on mediciation in phase 2 for mental problems you cant post out, you cant drive for the military or use firearms, generally (espeically in phase 2) you cant be trusted to be alone.
You normally get sent home and sit on your arse getting paid for a few months, then wonder why you dont have a job.
If recruitment worked the way it should most of them should never have got through the gates to start with.

Let us know how it goes.

I'm planning to turn to crowdfunding to prevent my beerlessness.
I remember an alcoholic who always had adverts in Private Eye asking for donations to his drinking fund.

Latest Threads