Fun with rising bollards!!!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Fred_Cat, Nov 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 1st one - Dozy f@cking bint!

2nd one - Stupid f@cking b@stard, with a kid in the back, I hope you're divorced and living in a hell of drugs and ass raping!

3rd one - Did you see that bloke's head hit the windscreen??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  2. Outstanding! This looks like the same bollard - anyone know where? There's so many idiots driving into it, its obviously worth going there to watch!
  3. Its in Manchester next to Marks & Sparks. Shame they didn't show the bus getting lifted by its back end. I got stuck behing a Range Rover that hit that bollard was there for 2 fcuking hours. Still it did mean i didn't have to pick passengers up
  4. Top find.
    You can just hear them muttering about who they can blame..........laughed so hard I pishsed me undies.
  5. Used to have these at the main gate to a base in NI, many an RUC car was sent into the air by the gate sentry during the wee small hours.
  6. Why are people so fcuking stupid?

If you're too stupid to read "No Entry - Except Buses" or "Warning - Automatic Bollards in Operation"

...then you shouldn't be bloody driving.

7. Its been posted before, can't be arrsed to find the link though.

8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I thought so as well & nor can I. :D
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Well if you can't be arrse to look, don't be arrsed to post. I hadn't seen them before so enjoyed it. :roll:

10. No.

Bloody stupid things, someone's going to wind up with a serious neck injury after hitting them. It'll probably take a passenger winding up a paraplegic, being cared for by the NHS for the rest of their life to persuade the dopey council jobsworth twats that it's not clever and it's not funny, despite what halfwit knobs on the internet might think.

What is the point? Are they trying to stop suicide bombers? Why not have plastic bollards that deform? Why rigid steel bollards? Are they trying to injure someone? FFS. Why not just put some bar mines in the road?

Fair enough, people shouldn't try to drive over them.They're very naughty. The penalty for missing a 'No Entry' sign is usually a £30 or £50 fine, I'd have thought, not a broken neck. And people do unintentionally miss No Entry signs, especially if there's a bloody big bus obscuring them, or they're distracted by other traffic. Judging from the number of people who have been surprised and hit them, it's aforeseeable accident and Manchester council taxpayers can expect to be paying for a ginormous court award for injuries shortly.

Excluding the first one of course who reversed away from them and tried to follow the bus; dozy bint, as you'd said.
  11. Nice
    I think you will find fcuk face that the SUV and the twaat in the white van were accelerating to get through before the bollards came up....and knowing the area well, before you even get to the bollards you go through a series of signs and warnings.......Stupid should hurt!
  12. Years ago, The fire brigade etc had a special key to lower the thing, Now its automated with car detectors.

It would be funny to rise them under some twats car and leave them there.

13. Maybe, I don't know the area.

But it was the passenger who staggered out of the white van clutching his head and he'd had no control of the driver's actions. The driver seems to have been saved from hurt by an air bag.

The passenger should have had his seat belt on, though.