Fun With Fireworks!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Track_Link, Nov 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not a bad effort from this young urchin with his Roman Candle...

Linky

Edited to make a better Title

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Appararently it's all the rage in some countries (Greece) - hoofing great big fireworks battles.

3. It looks a lot more exciting than paintball.

4. To be fair, before we start on Chav's and the youth of the day, I used to do exactly the same as a brat.
    Combined with playing "Japs and Commando's" with air rifles it made for an entertaining childhood.
    Hardly anybody got killed either!

5. Indeed. Snapping the stick off a Rocket before lobbing it into the chip shop was a morning well spent.

And what became of 3.. 2.. 1.. Bangers?

6. Ahhh lets not forget drainpipe mortars :D
    I vaguely remember the Vicarage being a favourite target

7. one handed, missed the car, nearly got his target ---good effort.

8. 1st shot was a hit I think :D

9. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I can't believe this crap makes the news. Roman candles PAH! In my day it was rockets fired through a drain pipe and homemade mortars, the youth of today really are lacking in imagination when it comes to improvised weaponry.

10. Ah, nostalgia....Me and my mates used to have firework battles; even going to the expense of using the white upvc waste pipes as mortar tubes and 'Carl Gustav' (god that dates me! LOL) launchers. Anything went in those battles... air rifles firing home made darts (pins wrapped with cloth), high power catapaults firing stones (were they branded Diablo's or was it something that began with a B?) and... for close combat we had half inch whippy bamboo canes; Oh the pain... :lol:

Thinking about it, we were a bunch of fekkin dangerous idiots but we seemed to have turned out ok.. two of my mates now hold senior positions in the police and a couple of others have used their martial skills to good effect in a couple of highly regarded regiments/ units. Where did I go wrong :oops: :cry: :?

11. Daytrips to France were handsomely rewarded with Flick Knives and the French bangers that looked like Dynamite..

They really were qualidee.

12. I recall on a Sunday many many moons ago, gathering around some metal tubes and fireworks attempting to make a gun! The chief "culprit" later nomadically moved on and I believe rose to LtCol in the RE!

13. It is easier to steal a roman candle!

14. Black Widows as I recall :twisted:

15. And a 1 second fuse :D, dont forget the mini rockets (bottle rockets), and airbomb repeaters :wink: