Fun in Gutersloh.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
I need to arrange a function. We have done the bowling / Go Karting thing (yawn) does anyone have anything different that we could do in the Gutersloh area?

Ta

B&T

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
soprano54 said:
B_AND_T said:
I need to arrange a function. We have done the bowling / Go Karting thing (yawn) does anyone have anything different that we could do in the Gutersloh area?

Ta

B&T
You could always go for a spin around the Miele factory!!! :wink:
You don't get out much do you!

Now if I was in Fally............

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
B_AND_T said:
soprano54 said:
B_AND_T said:

Ta

B&T

Why not organise a trip to Fally :D

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ho bloody Ho!

I wouldn't want to go back to Gutersloh.

B_AND_T said:
soprano54 said:
B_AND_T said:

Ta

B&T

OI! I worked for Miele (UK) for several years and did a trip to the Miele Werke at Gütersloh (Was stationed at Mansergh Bks many years ago, so a double coup) It's pretty impressive in the WVZ (The big bluey-green building you can see from everywhere) There's 16 levels of completely automated palletised storage system using state of the art patented software and comprises of over . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . ..

. . . .. .

I'll just get my coat! :oops:

Days trip to Bottrop Indoor Ski slope...... 40 Euros - all day skiing, drinking, and lunch

You could organise some clay pigeon shooting with the club in Sennelager followed by waterskiing at one of the local lakes.

If you want to get all squaddie about it, you can all get sucked of in tingle tangles or the hareem afterwards.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
wolverine9314 said:
Isn't there a fella that comes onto camp and offers paintball? A genuine reason to hang around the woods at the bottom of the airfield? Or a day trip to Hiede Park?
Hiede Park, good call but to far away!

wolverine9314 said:
Isn't there a fella that comes onto camp and offers paintball? A genuine reason to hang around the woods at the bottom of the airfield? Or a day trip to Hiede Park?
You've heard it wrong, I heard he's a bit camp, got massive wood and paints his balls if squaddies ask him to. It's a left over when the RAF were at Gütersloh.

Is the Pizza hut still on Camp just up for the Garrison HQ? Has anyone heard the urban myth about how the Snow Drops got free Pizza for years when they heard noises one night when it was closed, managed to get the back door open and found the two pizza boys playing swap the Salami in a very un-natural way?

Ask the MTO at 1 Regt if you could borrow a few bowsers full of fuel and have a race up and down the runway with them. Then a celebratory bbq using aviation fuel as a starter and swigging copious amounts of herfy.

Fat_Cav said:
wolverine9314 said:
You've heard it wrong, I heard he's a bit camp, got massive wood and paints his balls if squaddies ask him to. It's a left over when the RAF were at Gütersloh.

Is the Pizza hut still on Camp just up for the Garrison HQ? Has anyone heard the urban myth about how the Snow Drops got free Pizza for years when they heard noises one night when it was closed, managed to get the back door open and found the two pizza boys playing swap the Salami in a very un-natural way?
No 'Pizza Hut' there, but there is was a hut/caravan just outside the OR's Mess that sells pizza. I would say the place is too small to accomodate that kind of shennanigans...

Fat_Cav said:
Would you accept even free pizzas if you knew that sort of thing was going on?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Probably not! Especially with the extra topping.