Fun and games with English.

We'll begin with a box, and the plural is boxes, But the plural of ox becomes oxen, not oxes. One fowl is a goose, but two are called geese, Yet the plural of moose should never be meese. You may find a lone mouse or a nest full of mice, Yet the plural of house is houses, not hice.

If the plural of man is always called men, Why shouldn't the plural of pan be called pen? If I speak of my foot and show you my feet, And I give you a boot, would a pair be called beet? If one is a tooth and a whole set are teeth, Why shouldn't the plural of booth be called beeth?

Then one may be that, and three would be those, Yet hat in the plural would never be hose, And the plural of cat is cats, not cose. We speak of a brother and also of brethren, But though we say mother, we never say methren. Then the masculine pronouns are he, his and him, But imagine the feminine: she, shis and shim!

stet

War Hero
i like beans

What about one fish, plural many fish, not fishes.

Me too, slightly dissapointing it's about the language!!!
As it happens I prefer Oral......receiving (i before e, blah blah) of course Hehe.

On another note, fantastic score in the game at Twickers!!

Is it one sheep, two sheep or three shoop? When,if ever, does a sheep become anything but that sheep? Who decides?

This doesn`t make sense at all does it?

El_Burno said:
What's the plural for "compass"?
Moral compass has no plural ... it's an absolute.
Navigation compass [pointing north needle thing] ... compasses.
Pointy V-shaped thing for engineering drawing or measuring distance on chart ... compasses in the plural always.

1 = always singular
2 = pluralised
3 = always plural

Easy, innit! 8)

Fuckae.

One sheep, two sheep, many mutton...

blue_sophist said:
Kaye said:
Fuckae.

One sheep, two sheep, many mutton...
So it is ... exculpa excreta meus. :D
You think I know fuck nothing. I tell you I know fuck all! (Said by kebab shop owner on the Archway Road)

blue_sophist said:
Airfix said:
'Fcuk', the adjective of choice of the British soldier who also use 'pork' as a verb!
Is the plural fuckii if you get it more than once?
If you get 'fcuked' more than once you're obviously paying for it! But on a grammar point, adjectives disgribe nouns so you can't have 'fcukii', i.e.

1 fcuking French man, 2 fcuking French men and an army full of fcuking cheese eating surrender monkeys :roll:

Airfix said:
blue_sophist said:
Airfix said:
'Fcuk', the adjective of choice of the British soldier who also use 'pork' as a verb!
Is the plural fuckii if you get it more than once?
If you get 'fcuked' more than once you're obviously paying for it! But on a grammar point, adjectives disgribe nouns so you can't have 'fcukii', i.e.
1 fcuking French man, 2 fcuking French men and an army full of fcuking cheese eating surrender monkeys :roll:
Mea culpa maxima.

I stopped doing Latin in ... 1957 :roll:

B_S should it not be,

Mea maxima culpa?

Stopped Latin in 1983 but I have a Catholic wife... :roll:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 56
Mr_Fingerz Old & Bold 337
DAKOTA_STAB The NAAFI Bar 7