FUMING!! Poppy pins being sold on ebay...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by SkyMistress, Nov 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just noticed poppy pin badges being sold on ebay.

Some are going for around £22!!!!!!!

All fairness to the ones being sold stating the profit will go to the RBL but there are a few on there just making money for themselves.

Makes me sick.

These pins are sold for donations, not money making. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2. Have just emailed one of the sellers asking what percentage is going to the Royal British Legion ? I await the responce

3. If its a charity listing it should say in the description, the funds will automatically be taken directly out of the sellers bank account at the end of the auction.

If its not a charity listing and it's just the sellers word then report them for listing violations.

4. Links Trolly?

5. eBay

These the ones TD??? It says RBL in the title but I can't see it saying that a donation is going anywhere!!

6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

7. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

9. I know exactly who the seller is!!!.

Sadly im not supprised! I'll be even more supprised if anyone gets a response :x

10. Looks more like a tomato than a poppy.

11. Sorry fo not getting back sooner........

It was this fella

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROYAL-BRITISH-LEGION-CHARITY-PIN-POPPY_W0QQitemZ290050879705QQihZ019QQcategoryZ69539QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

However he had quite a few and now only seems to have one left.

I sent him a message asking how much of the pofit was going to the RBL, his reply was that he sells lots of charity pin badges and has already donated money to these charities.

Still think its crap that he made nearly £25 on some of those badges on sunday.