Fullbore Clubs in the NW/NE of England

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Kazz, Apr 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alreet folks,
    Basically I'm getting progressively more hacked off with my Uni's rifle club not wanting to organise any fullbore, or when that's attempted, they decide to go off on one and be all poncey (occupational hazard of working with ex-Athelings I guess), I'm looking for a Fullbore club either in the NE (where I'm at uni) or the NW (where I live outside of uni.)

Unfortunately, the majority of clubs I can find only seem to do smallbore, or do very limited fullbore, what with our economy being up the creek without a paddle and ammunition prices getting progressively more ludicrous. Has anyone got any suggestions/experience of clubs in the area that have an active fullbore section?
  2. Hi, you could always try rrrc.co.uk We meet up twice a month normally and shoot at Altcar and Warcop...various calibres shooting from 200m up to and over 1000m
  3. Perhaps your best bet is to make contact with a club that shoots at Altcar. The two that spring to mind are the Altcar Rifle Club and the 101 Rifle Club (101 Rifle Club - Home). Both are very well run clubs with the former being more fcussed on TR while the latter is more catholic in tastes with TR, F Class etc.

There are others (Southport?) but I'm not familiar with them.
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Mongo shoots at Altcar I think but with Lancs UOTC, drop him a PM!
  5. Look at this website, it's an offshoot from the Mayfair shooting centre in Sunderland.