Full Veil ban extended

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Emsav, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Belgians have implemented a law that bans women from wearing the full Islamic veil in public. This is the second European Union nation after France to enforce such a ban. Offenders face a fine of 137.5 euros (£121; $197) and up to seven days in jail.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I really think women are being bullied into wearing these things and we should also ban them.
    • Like Like x 6
  3. I never did like bats.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Is that veils or women?
  5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

agreed. I've never heard an explanation for the veil that actually rang true...unless you just want to oppress women, that is.
  6. Veils should be compulsory for munters. Muslim or otherwise.
  7. Have you seen the state of some women? Full face veil should be the absolute MINIMUM. Compulsary. Along with some wriggly tin and a low level entanglement around their low level entanglement, just so's no poor, unsuspecting inebriate gets blinded by clunge and ends up waking up next to one of 'em.

Bah, beat me to it.
  8. I nearly got run over by a woman driving a car wearing one. Or it was a ninja. But it seems a bit dangerous if the field of vision is restricted....
  9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Ain't nothing in the koran about Ninja's. Its nothing more than a misogynist creation.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Tsk, there's no room for common sense when 'umin rights is involved.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. The reason I did nothing was simply that I knew I would be wasting my time. The Old Bill would have ignored it. Or worse.... "Could you identify her from this lineup Mr Morsk.....?" *****.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

And Paras.
  13. Only because we're that good looking we nick all the chicks off hats.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.