Full time TA??

Hi,
Im new to the forum Good work lads n lasses!

I served in the army for three years and wish i had never left, but with different commitments now ( 3 Kids ) I cant go back in.

I wondered if it is possible to join the TA and do full time hours, and treat it more like a job than a hobby.

Cheers guys,
Jonno.

Have you considered the MPGS?

jonno182 said:
I wondered if it is possible to join the TA and do full time hours, and treat it more like a job than a hobby.
Jonno,

You are not going to make many friends by calling the TA a hobby...

If you want a non-deployable post, try the NRPS vacancies.

msr

Depends on your quals, rank, unit requirement, role within it and budget. I made a good living out of it and it was my full time job for a while. I regularly did 256 days which involved collecting stores, advance parties, numerous attachments etc.

Work a 5 days week and get paid for 5 with the regulars getting 7 days pay ..... and oh take off the X factor... and no pension

msr said:
jonno182 said:
Jonno,

You are not going to make many friends by calling the TA a hobby...

If you want a non-deployable post, try the NRPS vacancies.

msr
Sorry if I offended anyone didnt mean too.

I wasnt calling the TA a hobby i was saying that people can treat it like a hobby I want to be commited to the TA full time, my fault should of made things a bit clearer, I dont mind going on tour and I am not looking for a cushy number, fact is i miss army life but as mentioned before i now have a family to think about.

cheers.
Jonno.
p.s that MPGS looks good as I currently left the police force !!

I was told quite catagorically that the TA is a hobby not a profession by a senior officer at RTMC chillwell. When i objected i was told this was the official view but he couldnt give me any factual information to back it up. :x

get a proper job.. it pays better - much better, and its what the rest of the world does, then do the army bit in your spare time. best of both worlds

Latest Threads