Full time TA??

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by jonno182, Jan 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    Im new to the forum Good work lads n lasses!

I served in the army for three years and wish i had never left, but with different commitments now ( 3 Kids ) I cant go back in.

I wondered if it is possible to join the TA and do full time hours, and treat it more like a job than a hobby.

Cheers guys,
  2. Have you considered the MPGS?
  3. msr

msr LE

You are not going to make many friends by calling the TA a hobby...

If you want a non-deployable post, try the NRPS vacancies.

4. Depends on your quals, rank, unit requirement, role within it and budget. I made a good living out of it and it was my full time job for a while. I regularly did 256 days which involved collecting stores, advance parties, numerous attachments etc.
  5. Work a 5 days week and get paid for 5 with the regulars getting 7 days pay ..... and oh take off the X factor... and no pension
  6. FTRS (HC)

7. Sorry if I offended anyone didnt mean too.

I wasnt calling the TA a hobby i was saying that people can treat it like a hobby I want to be commited to the TA full time, my fault should of made things a bit clearer, I dont mind going on tour and I am not looking for a cushy number, fact is i miss army life but as mentioned before i now have a family to think about.

p.s that MPGS looks good as I currently left the police force !!
  8. I was told quite catagorically that the TA is a hobby not a profession by a senior officer at RTMC chillwell. When i objected i was told this was the official view but he couldnt give me any factual information to back it up. :x
  9. get a proper job.. it pays better - much better, and its what the rest of the world does, then do the army bit in your spare time. best of both worlds