Full time for 14 months?

Hi all,

I'm a former UOTC cadet, now pursuing a career in civi street. I was due to start a training course this October but I have recently found out it will have to wait until next October. This gives me roughly a year to 'do' something. I'm not keen on the prospect of working a job I have no interest in for the next year and a bit and I am very keen to stay with the TA.

I inquired into transferring straight into my nearest TA unit after OTC but I was working unsociable hours and it simply wouldn't have worked.

Not joining the Army was the single biggest decision of my life, I am still keen to work in the TA whenever I can. Whilst a year isn't long enough to consider a regular application, is there any way I could work within the TA on a full time basis over the next year and then remain on a part time basis thereafter? I have a friend who completed a 'TA gap year' before joining uni. Do they still offer schemes like this?

Thanks in advance for any constructive commentary!
4 para do a gap year (or did do when I was there). Go on their website and if there is one running it'll be on there. I think you'll have to be quick though as I'm sure they start in august.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Forces_Sweetheart Infantry 1
4 Classified Ads 6
C Army Pay, Claims & JPA 1