Full Spectrum Warrior

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Forvirring, Apr 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Granted it is neither a film nor a book, but has anyone come accross this game?

Apparently "Full Spectrum Warrior is based on a game commissioned by the U.S. Army to train light Infantry troops in urban combat situations. Soldiers are placed in a tense, hostile, and claustrophobic environment where they must complete a variety of military objectives. "

Anyone played it and has an opinion?
  2. Yes, I have it.

Actually very good, pretty realistic, and would probably make a good fire team based simulation as it is.

Just make sure you have a very, very good graphics card, and can run Directx9.1 + sound.
  3. [​IMG]

An accurate screenshot.
  4. well i have read reviews of it and apparently on the Ps2 front it is a real attention grabber, still a game to check out though Ops2 reveiw: 8/10
  5. Its based on America's Army (the Game) downloads were free from the US Army Web page.

You can get it here AmericasArmy
  6. In one review i read, they say that the only trouble with th egame on ps2 is that if you die and start again, the enemy always spawn from the same place so it gets a bit samey!!
  7. i heard that too- i didn't find that too noticeable though.
    One thing that is good though- turn up the sound and sheet yourself as a mortar comes in at your feet. true jumpworthy game!!
  8. I have it for the PC and have just finished it. Very good 'game'. Not your usual shoot em up or first person shooter. Does require some thinking but it is actualy quite an easy game if you stick to the priciples of the idea, use cover at all times. Graphics are very good. I am now in the middle of playing Brothers In Arms. Very close to Band of Brothers in its feel and atmosphere.
  9. I want to buy one but have read they are very similar, which one would you recommend Flash?
  10. They are very different actualy. FSW is more of a sim using cover and F+M and pretty easy to complete. BIA is similar to Medal of Honour but with swearing and more blood and is quite difficult. It has a natty 'pause to review were the fcuk all your blokes are' view.
  11. Full Spectrum Warrior is now £9.99 with free delivery at Play.com