Full List of Operational Honours & Awards

Well done everyone....really happy to see a mate from uni getting a MiD, even if he is a marine..;)

S_R

Able Seaman Class 1 Kate Louise NESBITT Royal Navy

Nesbitt's actions throughout a series of offensive operations were exemplary; under fire and under pressure her commitment and courage were inspirational and made the difference between life and death. She performed in the highest traditions of her Service

Is this the first female to receive a MC?

Surely it shows the argument about women on the "front line" is totally defunct once and for all?

When was the last bar to a major award made, before the bootie Brig's? I can't think of any recent ones off the top of my head.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Mongoose said:

Nesbitt's actions throughout a series of offensive operations were exemplary; under fire and under pressure her commitment and courage were inspirational and made the difference between life and death. She performed in the highest traditions of her Service

Just shows the argument about women on the "front line" is totally defunct.
No, there was a medic got one in Iraq, can't recall her name but I am sure someone will put up a link.

A good haul of bling there and shows how intense things are for those in hot and sandy places. Well done to all who were awarded and those who were there with them.

Z

Zarathustra

Mongoose said:

Surely it shows the argument about women on the "front line" is totally defunct once and for all?
No a medic won a MC in 2006 will serving in Al Amarah

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Auld-Yin said:
Mongoose said:

Just shows the argument about women on the "front line" is totally defunct.
No, there was a medic got one in Iraq, can't recall her name but I am sure someone will put up a link.

A good haul of bling there and shows how intense things are for those in hot and sandy places. Well done to all who were awarded and those who were there with them.
Pte Michelle Norris rings a bell
Jumped up on the turret of a warrior whilst under fire

Marcus_Yerhoop said:
Rupert Smith had 2 DSOs and 2 QGMs from memory...
not quite,

General Sir Rupert Smith KCB, DSO & Bar, OBE, QGM

Latest Threads