M6 North from Junction 3
M6 North and South between Thirlwall Viaduct and Junction 31 Preston
M180 Junction 3 up toward Immingham

Not sure if it's posted elsewhere but haven't seen it

To be fair, diesel at nine quid a gallon is hurting everyone now

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think it should be a national protest by all; £1.98.9 for diesel at my local (semi rural) esso. The Govt have to act.

Whilst they're at it, make electric car owners pay the road fund licence.

I think it should be a national protest by all; £1.98.9 for diesel at my local (semi rural) esso. The Govt have to act.

Whilst they're at it, make electric car owners pay the road fund licence.

Stopped at my local Tesco's.. £1.94 per litre. It's ridiculous. Remember Fuel duty is a flat rate of 57.95p, then VAT is Whacked on top.

Here's an argument for the Tories to answer.
You are historically trusted with the economy. If, as appears to be the case, you can't be trusted with it, what good are you?

I love filling up my Electric car at one of the many free charging machines available to me. That and road tax made it easier for me to decide to go all electric.

To those it may concern....

Tomorrow morning haulers are planning rolling protests on the following routes

M5 Bristol southbound
M4 Prince of Wales bridge
M54 Shifnal
M6 North from Junction 3
M6 North and South between Thirlwall Viaduct and Junction 31 Preston
M180 Junction 3 up toward Immingham

Not sure if it's posted elsewhere but haven't seen it

To be fair, diesel at nine quid a gallon is hurting everyone now
Worth Welsh Arrsers noting that, apparently, some protesters are setting out for the Severn from Point Abraham, Swansea, so M4 could be impacted from there to the Severn.

I'll have to peddle very hard indeed tomorrow while taking 27 tonnes steel coil across the Pennines....
I thought you were driving it, not selling it?;)

Stopped at my local Tesco's.. £1.94 per litre. It's ridiculous. Remember Fuel duty is a flat rate of 57.95p, then VAT is Whacked on top.

Here's an argument for the Tories to answer.
You are historically trusted with the economy. If, as appears to be the case, you can't be trusted with it, what good are you?
Excise duty on road fuels is £0.5295 ppl. Obviously the duty on marked gas oil is much reduced, but the number of users has been heavily restricted to help meet Green House Gas emissions targets. Kerosene continues to bear a £0.0000ppl rate of duty.

It's illegal to run vehicles on marked gas oil or kerosene, or to extend road fuels with these oils.

Worth Welsh Arrsers noting that, apparently, some protesters are setting out for the Severn from Point Abraham, Swansea, so M4 could be impacted from there to the Severn.
Apparently the refineries are going to be blockaded too.

So that, Milford Haven/Pembroke Dock, Stanlow, Immingham, Southampton and the one in Scotland that I can never remember. At least drivers on the A13 don't have to worry. Thameshaven and Shellhaven are long gone.

florence

War Hero
Apparently the refineries are going to be blockaded too.

So that, Milford Haven/Pembroke Dock, Stanlow, Immingham, Southampton and the one in Scotland that I can never remember. At least drivers on the A13 don't have to worry. Thameshaven and Shellhaven are long gone.
Grangemouth . Though the route for the protest/go slowfrom Powdrake Rd along Bo'ness Rd to Wholeflats Roundabout is tbh a bit pointless . The tankers go down Inchyra Rd to acess the M9

Grangemouth . Though the route for the protest/go slowfrom Powdrake Rd along Bo'ness Rd to Wholeflats Roundabout is tbh a bit pointless . The tankers go down Inchyra Rd to acess the M9
Hanx

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
A12 in Essex too by Colchester footie stadium.

Hence I won't be staying at the good lady's tonight...

Despite this minor inconvenience though, I am glad people are finally taking some action on this. Whether it's the right course of action, well I'm not sure what other options there are out there.

Can anyone remember the last time they saw an ad for a vehicle that wasn't electric?

It all seems like a very sinister ploy tbh and I really don't understand how wholesale fuel is driving this?

Latest Threads