Fuel Prices cause inflation surge

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jagman, Dec 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Inflation has jumped to 1.9%

The prime cause being fuel prices, forecast to rise to 3%
    Given that Brown is desperatley clinging to zero inflation as an excuse for little in the way of public sector payrises will he do anything to cut fuel costs?

The other part of the problem is that creeping fuel costs is going to put another driver on the dole where I work.
  2. Jagman, sort yer title out, looks like you are talking about some eco-fuel "fuel rices"
  3. I thought it was a story about chinese making fuel out of natural resources.
  4. Ooops sorry :oops:

Dodgy P on my laptop, comes from eating your dinner whilst surfing the net. That and melting keys with cigarette droppings :)
  5. Anyone can see that one coming. Raise the price of fuel and the cost of making and transporting goods rise. No chance of any cuts in duty either the one eyed wonder needs all the tax income he can get.
  6. I'd fire up the Outrage bus over the inflation, but there's no fuel in the tank!
  7. 6 pence rise on tax come April [doom]
  8. :D

Good one!

9. Is it 6p? I thought it was 3 to 4p....?

10. Don't forget when Darling cut VAT from 17.5% to 15 % he added 2p/litre duty to compensate.

When VAT increases again to 17.5% on 1 January, has there been any mention of a 2p duty reduction???

Stealth tax number 436...........

11. Better be careful. That can permanently damage the screen as well as delivering a very nasty electric shock if you hit the inverter.

So, now that we don't need to worry about deflation any more, I take it Gordon will stop printing cash for his 'quantitative easing' programme.

Only joking. 99% of the newly minted cash goes straight into the government's pocket. It's 'injected into the economy' by using it to buy government bonds. Xerox money now accounts for about one third of government expenditure.

12. Hmmmmmm

Just dropped a penny here, and with oil prices falling Morrisons might take more off.
  13. Please, please tell me you don't have a driving licence.
  14. To be honest, I'd be more surprised if he had a job at a petrol station.
  15. Problem is made worse by the tax on a tax issue, the fuel duty is added then VAT charged on top. :evil: