• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Fuel Card for cheap fuel.

I have registered for this fuel card in the hopethat I will get a reduction in my fuel bills. I f you want more info go to www.pipelinecard.org. It is all self explanitory, the more people in the better.

You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.pipelinecard.org. home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer

I signed up for this sometime ago. I get regular email updates. If I remember correctly, their membership is approaching 100,000.

They are targeting cheaper fuel, but are also considering Utilities too (Gas and Elec)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

AF

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Scammell starts off saying that he needs 100000 members to get the discount, the site says he has 260000 members and no sign of a discount.

The margins in the industry are too tight to warrant the £0.05 - £0.10 ppl that he claims to be offering.

Rincewind said:
You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.pipelinecard.org. home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer
same here

I just got in through Yahoo UK and it's still 260,000 members. Got the same problem with the link on here.

Mr_Fingerz said:
Scammell starts off saying that he needs 100000 members to get the discount, the site says he has 260000 members and no sign of a discount.

The margins in the industry are too tight to warrant the £0.05 - £0.10 ppl that he claims to be offering.
Haa haaa haaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Exxon Mobil, the world's largest publicly traded oil company, earned more than $25 billion last year
BP, which earned $16.2 billion in 2004.
the world's 10 biggest oil companies earned more than $100 billion in 2004.

Those figures are the profit made by the oil companies BTW. The figures for 2005 are even higher.

Exxon made $9.92 billion in the third quarter 2005, Royal Dutch Shell reported net income up 68% to $9 billion Thursday. Earlier this week, BP (BP) reported a $6.5 billion third-quarter profit and ConocoPhillips (COP) a $3.8 billion profit. Today, ChevronTexaco (CVX) is expected to post 53% higher earnings of $3.9 billion.

This is all in a 3 month period of 2005..

Tight margins?

Greedy feckers more like!!!!

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Steven said:
Mr_Fingerz said:

Haa haaa haaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Exxon Mobil, the world's largest publicly traded oil company, earned more than $25 billion last year
BP, which earned $16.2 billion in 2004.
the world's 10 biggest oil companies earned more than $100 billion in 2004.

Those figures are the profit made by the oil companies BTW. The figures for 2005 are even higher.

Exxon made $9.92 billion in the third quarter 2005, Royal Dutch Shell reported net income up 68% to $9 billion Thursday. Earlier this week, BP (BP) reported a $6.5 billion third-quarter profit and ConocoPhillips (COP) a $3.8 billion profit. Today, ChevronTexaco (CVX) is expected to post 53% higher earnings of $3.9 billion.

This is all in a 3 month period of 2005..

Tight margins?
All true. However, the vast majority of those profits are made upstream (exploration anc extraction). Downstream profits - refining, marketing and distribution are tiny. As this is the area where Scammell will be trying to take a cut, I can't see any of the majors wanting to be involved.

Of course the major companies won't want to be involved, they have shareholder dividends to pay and want to buy back their own shares.

Might be possible to get one of the smaller distribution companies interested though. Here in Germany any member of the ADAC (AA for boxheads) can get a 1% discount on fuel bought from Agip stations.

So it is do-able. Sort of.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Smaller distribution companies and supermarket chains don't have shareholders dividends to pay?

Mr_Fingerz said:
Smaller distribution companies and supermarket chains don't have shareholders dividends to pay?
Ahh but potentially increasing their customer base by some 100,000 or more loyal consumers more than makes up for the discount given.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Mr Scammell has 160000 signatories more than he originally asked for. There's still no sign of a discount from any of the oil companies. I can't see BPAmoco, Shell UK, ChevronTexaco, TotalFinaElf, Esso, Sainsburies, Tesco, or Morrisons signing up to this.

Mr_Fingerz said:
Mr Scammell has 160000 signatories more than he originally asked for. There's still no sign of a discount from any of the oil companies. I can't see BPAmoco, Shell UK, ChevronTexaco, TotalFinaElf, Esso, Sainsburies, Tesco, or Morrisons signing up to this.
Oh yeah forgot to mention that ADAC has 15,000,0000 members. Think that might have a bearing on the situation? :lol:

Sorry I bleeding mentioned it then. You profits of doom

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Nothing to do with being prophets of doom.

Here's some quick maths as to why it won't work.

Price ULSD = £0.9490 ppl
Excise Duty = £0.4710 ppl
VAT (Retail price * 7/47) = £0.1428 ppl

Amount that the oil companies have to play with £0.3352 ppl.

From that £0.3352 ppl, the oil companies have to refine/produce the oil, store it, pay rates upon the production and storage site, transport the oil, pay for the RTWs, pay the road fund licence for those vehicles, pay for petroleum licences for the retail sites, pay for the business rates on those sites (where they own them).

For these reasons alone, I don't think that Mr Scammell's proposed discount of £0.05 - £0.10 ppl is ever going to happen.

Mr_Fingerz said:
Nothing to do with being prophets of doom.

Here's some quick maths as to why it won't work.

Price ULSD = £0.9490 ppl
Excise Duty = £0.4710 ppl
VAT (Retail price * 7/47) = £0.1428 ppl

Amount that the oil companies have to play with £0.3352 ppl.

From that £0.3352 ppl, the oil companies have to refine/produce the oil, store it, pay rates upon the production and storage site, transport the oil, pay for the RTWs, pay the road fund licence for those vehicles, pay for petroleum licences for the retail sites, pay for the business rates on those sites (where they own them).

For these reasons alone, I don't think that Mr Scammell's proposed discount of £0.05 - £0.10 ppl is ever going to happen.
My bold!!

You can find price differences in that order around the country. Nothing ventured, bla bla.

Costs nothing to sign up, what have you to loose??

I would think, 100,000+ people all agreeing, to purchase from one company would at least get some sort of discount, especialy if the, ' will take are trade else where', card is played??

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
edited for double posting. Yep I'm a technomong.