Fucking hypocrites

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by brettarider, Jan 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got dragged into a meeting with local authority today along with an MP and MSP moaning about delays to a job were we had to move services we finished months ago but the job is still going on due to shite management etc and they are looking for scapegoats. So imagine after getting lectured about public funds etc etc I got told this little gem about the MSP and yep a labour man double standards all the way

Fury as council pick up £27k taxi bill to take MSP's granddaughter to dance classes - The Daily Record

Fury as council pick up £27k taxi bill to take MSP's granddaughter to dance classes

Aug 10 2011 By Keith McLeod and Janice Burns
    THE granddaughter of an MSP has been awarded s27,000 for taxi fares to go to dance classes.

Hannah Thomson, 13, will receive the council funding to her to and from the talent school in Glasgow.
    Yesterday, the grant sparked a row and one SNP councillor hit out: "It's scandalous. I think the council has got to have a big hard what they're doing."

Hannah is the granddaughter Labour MSP John Pentland, represents Motherwell and Wishaw.
    He is also still a councillor at North Lanarkshire, the local authority who made the award.

Talented Hannah will be chauffeured from her home in Cleland, Lanarkshire, by taxi to Knightswood School at a cost of s9120 a year for three years.
    Hannah's name or her relationship to the MSP were not revealed in the council minutes which show GTS Taxis won the contract.
    SNP councillor John Taggart slammed the award and said: "This service is for the needy as far as I'm concerned. There is no need for the council to be paying for this."
    Last night, Pentland was unavailable for comment but Hannah's dad Kenneth Thomson said: "There is no correlation with John Pentland becoming an MSP with this coming into place.
    "John has absolutely nothing to do with this and I would refute anyone that says that is the case. I went through the proper channels and it ended up where it ended up.
    "I wouldn't know what people think. We did what anyone else would do and inquired about the available support for when a child is talented."
    Knightswood School is funded by the Scottish government and is not fee-paying.
    It says its aim is to develop the talent of young people in the arts, while giving them a top-class education.

2. haha, travelling from where to where and how many days a week? My boy is talented too, maybe I can get a set of nunchucks and a taxi from geordieland to scotland five times a week and have him lay about the msp a bit :p

3. thanks for that what a really interesting read! does she do freestyle jazz and tapp?

now man up and fuck off u moaning old tea jenny!

4. From Cleland to the west end of Glasgow about 20-odd mile trip each way while the rest of us plebs have to pay to get to work

5. If you had done the job properly in the first place you wouldn't have been hauled over the coals.

As an aside, typical politico, money grabbing bastards

6. Just wait until those sort of twats get their hands on the tax raising systems. God help Scotland.

7. Knickety knackety noo noo noo!

Sorry, that just slipped out, scottish drivel does that to me....and those dreadful scots pies...I mean what kind of animal goes to make that vile flavourless grey allegedly protein rich slurry....and do they now all get taxis to the abbatoir?

If I had a sister, a right fucking ugly slapper of a sister I mean and if I was well inbred, more than is required on a west country parish roll that is....well I still wouldn't live in fucking motherwell!

8. Ciggie

Ciggie On ROPs

What I find mystifying is how politicians get paid for their place at the trough. Wouldn't a better system be that instead of an election, these fuckers bid for a position, making their bids on the basis of how much they can expect to rip off minus the value of their bid. At least that would be honest......ish.

9. We did do the job properly and finished it within our deadlines not like councils to fuck up cough the trams cough eh Johboyzzz:thumright:

10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Aye, but ye kannae dance man!

11. I know I cant dance 2 left feet when it comes to that dept!

12. My father is from Motherwell.

13. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Looks like whoever wrote the article has already started devolution from the English language.

14. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Does he occasionally wear a skirt, empty the kitchen cutlery draw and prance around the utensils?